The WHERE DID I PUT THAT??? issue

Re:

This is a bit off-topic but I moved house recently, and lost my palace of tinkering, having to bin loads of stuff that fell into the' one day that'll be useful' category.

Now I have a permitted tiny corner of a 'shed' behind loads of other crap she doesn't want in the house. All of which I have to move every time I need to get to my tools.

Yet I'm still hearing, 'I don't think WE need all this bike stuff'.

Does that sound familiar to anyone?

Re:

Ah … 'Space....the final frontier....(between bike and non-bike people)...'

If I didn't have adequate bike fettling room I think I would go even more crazy....

Re:

Magnets, my work area is surrounded by magnets. Big, small, ones that telescope, weak ones, strong ones, the one that looks like a metal ashtray (I love that one). If something makes it past my army of magnets and escaped under the bench, I have the big magnet on a string. Funny part is the one magnet I can never find is the telescope one. I always stick it to a perfect spot that I can’t find twice. I can remember things stored in drawers, if it’s in a box... it’s lost to time and space.

I’ll tread very lightly here because I can go for hours... navigating is my hobby. (Start my opinion) we humans are built to remember the location of something while we are navigating. There is actually a navigating chemical in our skull. Drawers work excellent with this because of moving. Boxes, boxes do not work with navigating memory. That’s why humans have a long list of lost treasure in boxes. The lost ark, Pandora’s box, pirate chest, etc

Re:

I initially found this discussion quite repellent - but I guess I found myself being attracted to it after all

My Ex Wife, I used to annoy the shit out of her keep asking where things were.
When it was just me I learnt to remember where most stuff is.
Normally right and do find what it is I'm looking for.

Yes, I've been on my alonesome for the last three years, was previously with the same gal for twenty - I'm finding that I seem to be remembering stuff and doing more than I did, generally speaking. Not that I'm advocating singledom or anything..

Back