The spirit of the Santa Cruz Bontragers lives on ...

odd, i didnt read it that way at all, i thought it was well thought out and objective, based on price point and spec, it was a good review of a frame with half the retail price of its American built counterparts.

At the time, i found it a refreshing alternative to the Far east Marin and Oranges. (neither of which used Gussets like Bontrager, Shafer or Sadoff).

The old adage overlooked in the review has long since been documented though, "Strong Light, Cheap", and the NTI Rock lobster was all three, which is why it was always Sold out i guess, and why even when Merlin Mail Order used the name for there flagship range, NTI still saw the value in it, and Called it an Amazon Blade Runner and continued on until the day they closed the doors.

Whilst we digress, the original point remains the same.

Oh well - there was some positive comment on the ruminations of the original post, but MODS if you think this should go into post 98 or even into black hole which is General and Off-Topic Chat then I am perfectly at ease with it …

Oh well - there was some positive comment on the ruminations of the original post, but MODS if you think this should go into post 98 or even into black hole which is General and Off-Topic Chat then I am perfectly at ease with it …
I think, the thread, and its title are correct and should stay.

The spirit of Bontrager does live on, From the frames we use, to the suspension forks and even the wheels we ride. His influence is Everywhere...!

Back