Santa Cruz Chameleon (1998+)

Good to see the front tyre is on the right way now ;)

Got any close-ups of the rear brake adapter? I don't think I ever saw one that positions the caliper below the chainstay.

Hah, I'd forgotten about that! Don't worry, it's been the right way around since I actually started riding the thing :LOL:

Lacuna is quite right, it's the only OEM one available for the Chameleon MK1! It's less than ideal, especially with larger rotors (180 pictured, previously was 160) as the hose sits at a terrible angle, but it does the trick. There's somebody on here that managed to use a disc dropout from another bike brand entirely in order to fit one in the "correct" position which was quite interesting.

IMG_9495.JPG
And to clarify here, the brake caliper isn't yet 'aligned' because I'm a fool and dropped the wheel whilst refitting the cassette, severely bending the rotor. Awaiting a new one as it's past straightening!

There's the one using the non standard disc adapter to get around the 'upside down' issue :)

Lacuna is quite right, it's the only OEM one available for the Chameleon MK1! It's less than ideal, especially with larger rotors (180 pictured, previously was 160) as the hose sits at a terrible angle, but it does the trick. There's somebody on here that managed to use a disc dropout from another bike brand entirely in order to fit one in the "correct" position which was quite interesting.

Yep, its mine :p

1705068068472.png

I checked my e-mails and this is what I ordered:

FSOOCNCSO-B2-GEAR-DISC-BLK​
On-One CNC Anodized Swap-Out B2 Geared Disc Side Black​
1​

I remember that it was only £1 in the sale back in 2018. I can't see them on the Planet X website now but you could try e-mailing them with the stock code?

Back