Tablets, NOT ipad

Buy a vintage type-writer and a pack of A4 paper instead! Many youngsters don't know of this device which is a shame.

Re:

The wife got a Kindle Fire a couple of months back and I've been very impressed with how it looks/costs/performs. It also has the Kindle Freetime app already on it which you as a parent can set up to limit access to the internet/set up filters and install only the apps you want them to have access to.

iirc she got it cheap on Amazon with a case for around the £100 mark.

Good luck hunting :D

1st generation Nexus 7 are still available for a little over £100, we have two in our house, very good they are too!

Re:

Tesco Hudl, got one late last year and used my Clubcard vouchers to knock the price down (my £20 vouchers were doubled when buying the Hudl = £40 off the rrp, so it only cost me £80, not sure if this offer still applies?).
Anyway, I recently used an iPad Air at work, and apart from the size/looks it didn't perform any better than the 16Gb Hudl.
I use mine for games, internet, music, movies when away from home etc, really liking it :D

Re: Re:

jimo746":122445ds said:
Tesco Hudl, got one late last year and used my Clubcard vouchers to knock the price down (my £20 vouchers were doubled when buying the Hudl = £40 off the rrp, so it only cost me £80, not sure if this offer still applies?).
Anyway, I recently used an iPad Air at work, and apart from the size/looks it didn't perform any better than the 16Gb Hudl.
I use mine for games, internet, music, movies when away from home etc, really liking it :D
Another vote for the Hudl - not spectacular, but decent. The Tesco branding, apps and widgets are a bit irritating but can mostly be removed / ignored.

Plusses are it has decent spec hardware, screen reasonably nice, performs well, and has a microsd slot.

Minusssesssess, well you're at the mercy of whatever future versions of Android they release for it - last time I looked there didn't seem to be much in the way of independent Android OS versions to run on it - so in comparison to the Nexus, you may not always have the latest and greatest Android OS version (as in the current situation) - but in comparison to the Nexus, you're not limited to USB OTG for enhancing / increasing storage options.

Back