Tablets. Any geeks on here?

Could fit the bill.
I've been on ebay looking at what my tab is selling for, and it's more than I thought.
Really. I've no brand loyalty - I just want something that works.

Could fit the bill.
I've been on ebay looking at what my tab is selling for, and it's more than I thought.
Really. I've no brand loyalty - I just want something that works.

If you want cheap and fairly versatile, and for turbo, consider plugging in an external touch screen to a PC.

You can probably gather, I'm not on the Android eco system and don't know anything about it - I hate enclosed HW and SW systems.

If you're looking at £400 for a 256GB Lenovo P11, presumably that's the P11 Pro and you're paying for screen quality that it doesn't sound like you need for your purposes. For what it's worth, my experience of Lenovo and Samsung is that Lenovo adds much less bloatware than Samsung but things might have changed since I last bought a product from either of those companies. If budget is a concern, check out the 256GB Blackview tablets on Amazon: £200-£300 will get you one that's probably fine for your purposes. The reviews are generally very good. However, if updates and lack of bloatware are the priorities, the Google Pixel Tablet is the best bet (but you'll be looking at more like £600).

daft question, but have you been in to settings and looked at where the app can be stored?
most android devices, (and most apps, not all but most) can run the app from an SD card, not just the internal memory. just saying like.

daft question, but have you been in to settings and looked at where the app can be stored?
most android devices, (and most apps, not all but most) can run the app from an SD card, not just the internal memory. just saying like.
No, it's not a daft question.
My initial thought was to do that. But I'm no expert at such things and don't know where to look or what to do without causing mayhem.
Googling around tells me that I can't download to a separate sd card. If I could store the app on a card and run everything from there that would solve my problem. I have a 64gb card sitting there doing nothing.
Do you know how to store apps on a card rather than on the tablet itself?
I've put a request in to their help desk but have had no joy yet.

Which model tablet is it, the Samsung high end are generally hard to beat.

Lenovo/Moto are all good too, tend to stick nearer to default Android than most.

SD card usage should almost be hidden when you insert one in, the OS just uses it.as extra room, but Samsung may have altered that or it needs to have that option selected when inserted and formatted (it encrypts it and cannot be used like normal SD card).

It's been a few years since I last looked but even the old Samsung 5 and 6 tablets will be great today.

If thier app cannot do it I would suggest complaining and look for a better one.

Tablet is a Samsung S6 Lite. 3 years old.
On my phone - also a Samsung - I remember having to select the sd card for use. Almost had to force it. But it works fine now.
I can't find how to do it for the tab so either I'm looking in the wrong place, I can't or its not allowed.

No, it's not a daft question.
My initial thought was to do that. But I'm no expert at such things and don't know where to look or what to do without causing mayhem.
Googling around tells me that I can't download to a separate sd card. If I could store the app on a card and run everything from there that would solve my problem. I have a 64gb card sitting there doing nothing.
Do you know how to store apps on a card rather than on the tablet itself?
I've put a request in to their help desk but have had no joy yet.
Open the Settings app.
Apps.
find the app that you want to move.
click Storage.
should say Change at the top. if it doesn't say change option, it can't be moved. :(
select SD card.
hit move.

Open the Settings app.
Apps.
find the app that you want to move.
click Storage.
should say Change at the top. if it doesn't say change option, it can't be moved. :(
select SD card.
hit move.
Thanks. I'm just trying that right now. It doesn't say change.
No option showing on the app either so I guess it stays where it is.

Back