Tablets. Any geeks on here?

Sir Neil d'Menture

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I have a Samsung tablet. Works fine. Storage is 64gb and I'm at 56.4gb so pretty full.
I use Rouvy for turbo training and their videos are stored on the app only. They cannot be loaded onto an sd card. So I'm stuck with what I've got.
Only way out is a new tab. Not too keen on another Samsung. Too much bloat ware and I don't really use it other than with turbo.
Thought about a Lenovo P11 and can get a 256gb for less than £400. Sell the Samsung and expense is manageable.
Anyone know if these are OK?
Deffo do not wany anything Apple under any circumstances.

Any geeky types on here know about these things?

I'll make an attempt to make peace after the very warm welcome for a gag.

64GB is pitiful. A minimal OS is about 15GB and a bloated OS like Windows is already about close to 50GB. A short term would of course to dump anything / everything concerning user data to an external USB drive and use what you have already. 256GB sounds very reasonable. I typically partition about 120GB for OS and incidentals, but anything longer term or important goes elsewhere.

I just took a peek at the lenovo tablet - looks a decent enough spec for the money but it will be full of bloatware in the same way the samsung is.

Something to look out for with a tablet with an Android operating system is how long it will be supported by Google. I once had a fantastic HP 17" tablet which quickly became an obsolete paperweight due to lack of updates for the OS.

What's driving your aversion for Apple? The hardware is top notch and they support their products for longer than google do.

An Apple a day keeps the doctor away...

Just realised I'm writing this on a mid 2012 macbook pro - still working.

@Woz

Thanks, no offence - or pills - taken.
Really this is a bit of an extravagance. I only really need it for use with the turbo, and that's only in the crap months. So 4 or 5 months over winter.
Don't really use it otherwise. Have a stonking PC and phone covers most else.
If I could store the downloads on a micro sd card problem would be solved, but they are stored on the app and cannot be moved. (Presumably for commercial reasons.) But storage is just eaten away hence the need to change.
I understand Lenovo are what used to be IBM, but are now made by the dreaded Chinese with all their spyware. That's not a worry because minimal personal info will be on there.
@Takingabreak
I don't like Apple because of their total control attitude. Realistically if I'm only using the tab for one purpose that probably won't be a problem. Mails, music etc won't be on there. Just the one app.
Do you have a suggestion?

• Sad
Reactions: Woz
If I were to buy another android tablet I'd pick a new model rather than something that has been around a couple of years to maximise the support time from google and pick one with a decent amount of built in storage,256-512

Last edited:
Back