Stuck seatpost? Freeze it out......

bontyfiend":39h4rm7a said:
You can probably also use it for verruca removal. Bonus!

Nah - tried freeze spray a few months back - and useless (top tip - to avoid verrucas wear flip flops in the showers when visiting youth hostels! :shock:)

Place Duck tape over the offending verruca to starve it of oxygen - works a treat. ;)

Hi Mart.

As my bad luck would have it, I have a Trek frame with this problem, usual methods have failed...If you want to try this out I would happily pop the trek round, especially as we are about two minutes apart!

It would be good to catch up as well!

SIMONFREESE":3cu4d4y3 said:
Hi Mart.

As my bad luck would have it, I have a Trek frame with this problem, usual methods have failed...If you want to try this out I would happily pop the trek round, especially as we are about two minutes apart!

It would be good to catch up as well!

Yep - sounds cool, I've got 3/4 of a can left so lets give it a whirl.

I'll PM ya later...... :)

Re:

Sherlylock

You sir are a genius. Chuffed to bits. One salvaged frame and salvaged Thomson seat post. Super happy.

Excuse the rubbish pictures...

coomber":1uetpdvq said:
Two weeks in of penetrating oil.

Not budging and seat has snapped off the rails

coomber":1uetpdvq said:
The above was a tenner from plumbase.

Half a tube in from the top and.... Nothing. Did make it cold though.

So thought I might as well use the can before trying something else. Used some magura tubing so I could spray it down from below via the bottom bracket.like this

Now the whole seat tube went white.

gave it a twist and it moved! A little. Two minutes later...

Seat tube isn't too dirty

I've probably taken seven or eight very stuck seat posts out now. This is by far and away the best method I've used. I won't use any other now.

It's harmless
It's easy to do
It's quick
It doesn't damage bike or post or paint

Latest posts

Back