Stuck Seat Post - Slide Hammer Loan Request.

None, but I’ve got some ideas😉 (seriously, like, 15)

How many stuck seatposts on none pace frames have you removed ?

The issue with Pace is they crack. It’s not a myth or hearsay it’s fact. I know out of all the frames available this is the one I’d be having done properly and I’m tight and never pay out unless forced.

A few. Most came out with wd40, the others needed a hammer. But I’ve got 400 square ft of sheer tool, also there is a tool rental place next door to me so that’s a plus

A few. Most came out with wd40, the others needed a hammer. But I’ve got 400 square ft of sheer tool, also there is a tool rental place next door to me so that’s a plus

A Seatpost which comes out with wd40 isn’t stuck 🤣

I’m sure you mean well with your offer but what’s going to happen when if you try ‘your hammer and wd40’ and it’s cracks?

If I was going to try this myself I’d use a old Bb threaded through the frame and then clamped in a vice or fastened down firmly. And then a slide hammer mounted directly above with the angle measured so it pulls directly up. And then get to work. Check it’s pulling straight all the time.

Yes but I have a very big workshop, just because I only took out easy ones doesn’t mean I can’t to this, I have a very large assortment of hammers😆

But I also think using the seatpost man is the best option if you don’t want your frame destroyed.

POV

I get the seatpost out, hand you the seatpost and then hand you all the pieces of the frame afterwards.

I have got a welder as well, I can weld it back together😅

Update, I just got the slide hammer from my friend. Now I need to make the tool end clamp thingie to hold onto the hole in the seat post. I just need a lenght of steel bar, maybe 1.5" wide and 3mm thick.

Genuine and non combative question.

Why not pay £79 for it to be done professionally with little risk to damaging the frame , no effort , little time involved , and no tools being made it borrowed?

I’m all for doing things yourself but you’ve said you’ve little time , not got the correct tools and are obviously concerned of the outcome hence the thread.

I have to at least give it a try myself. I'm not shy of spending money on something like this but I need to have a crack at it.

Back