Stuck Seat Post - Slide Hammer Loan Request.

Late to this thread but you have my sympathy. I have a stuck seatpost in a steel frame and a slide hammer didn't budge it, that's after freeze spray type stuff and plus gas. In my case I think dissolving the seatpost might be the way forward but obviously not suitable for your case. If I had a alu seat post stuck in an alu frame I might try cutting it off near the top of the seat tube and using a file to gently file it to dust from the inside out. At the point of getting close to breaking through the seatpost and meeting the frame then wrap the file in fairly fine wet and dry. No doubt it would take some time but it wouldn't put any stress on the frame

Saw that Pace when I collected my overburys from him yesterday. He isn't a proponent of the the "pull the seatpost out with force" school of seatpost removal - said that you've got know idea how stuck the post is and how much force will be needed so it puts unknown stresses on the rest of the frame and he'd never do that.

he did a great job on mine - the seat tube was clean as a whistle when I collected. Well worth the money.

Saw that Pace when I collected my overburys from him yesterday. He isn't a proponent of the the "pull the seatpost out with force" school of seatpost removal - said that you've got know idea how stuck the post is and how much force will be needed so it puts unknown stresses on the rest of the frame and he'd never do that.

he did a great job on mine - the seat tube was clean as a whistle when I collected. Well worth the money.

Wd40 and a hammer?

not privy to the secrets, but there was a massive lathe in the corner of the workshop. nice guy and a complete bmx nut.

I was joking……

I’ve not used him myself but I’ve only heard positive things so well done to him finding the niche

I wonder if he reams them out?

Back