Kona Unit revived

This one was really about the build for me: the simple, clean, patina. It's a great bike, but I've moved it on to a new home. My next cruiser will be this:
IMG_20230325_095720.jpg

It'll probably be a 1x9 with a front cargo rack. As much as I like the Al grounder tyres I used on the unit (I kept them to use on my hardtail for bikepacking) I just prefer a cruiser bike to have smaller wheels.

This one was really about the build for me: the simple, clean, patina. It's a great bike, but I've moved it on to a new home. My next cruiser will be this:
View attachment 739079

It'll probably be a 1x9 with a front cargo rack. As much as I like the Al grounder tyres I used on the unit (I kept them to use on my hardtail for bikepacking) I just prefer a cruiser bike to have smaller wheels.
Shiny bars. What be they?

Motorbike handlebar off my 2005 Suzuki Bandit 😂. I fitted a Renthal to that and I never got round to getting rid of the old bar. They are made of pig iron, so weigh a lot, but they have a nice sweep and rise, so they'll do. I've taken to keeping a BMX stem around to fit 22.2mm motorbike bars to stuff.
Yeah I bought the cheapest motorbike handlebar I could find and a cheap BMX stem a few years ago for a cruiser project. Works well!
IMG-20230510-WA0005.jpeg
IMG-20230510-WA0007.jpeg

View attachment 739079

That looks like a Lopes era GT with the colours. Nice

I quite like that bronzy/gold/tan Kona frame. Kind of makes me want to paint something a military-desert-sand colour
This would be cool on a bike-packing bike:
9b9757314983a368a4078273eecd4c0e50d79801.jpg

Latest posts

Back