1992 FUNK Combat Titanium - The elitist Elevated Unicorn Owners Club

Thank You silverfish. I was thinking of that, too. And some weeks ago I had my trigger on a 1 1/4" inches titanium Flexstem. But missed it then.

I THINK, in the end, I will (like always) end up with my ol ` beloved SYNCROS stuff. There is nothing on the market that I find more attractive. Strange, huh?

Posting a new update now in a minute ...hold on!

Tonight I finally took an hour to work through my piles of FUNK suspension forks and parts that I was able to find and purchase over the past 6 months. I finished 2 of the "Suspension Fork II" models I had.

I was very glad to see, that one of the forks seems to be totally * NOS * Not the slightest sign of wear on the dropouts or traces of an ever mounted front wheel <3 Love that!

I kept the original elastomers although I have my own sets just for the sake of staying original here. However:

I also made two long and threaded brand new 1 1/4" inches steerer tubes for them + titanium cantilever bosses. And on the left fork in the pictures I re-placed every tiny screw with a high quality Grade 9 Titanium one. Maybe I will even replace the inner stanchions with titanium tubes - just to go super wild on them and make them the boosted titanium version of this fork on steroids :) Well see!

One of them will go on the Combat Titanium frame. I guess it will be the left one. The brand new NOS fork, I will put in my displays I think. So far, a wheel has never been mounted in it - and I think its the best that it says like this :)

FUNK Suspension Fork Re-Build Jan 24 by Falko Schlötel Germany 01.jpeg

FUNK Suspension Fork Re-Build Jan 24 by Falko Schlötel Germany 02.jpeg

FUNK Suspension Fork Re-Build Jan 24 by Falko Schlötel Germany 03.jpeg

FUNK Suspension Fork Re-Build Jan 24 by Falko Schlötel Germany 04.jpeg

FUNK Suspension Fork Re-Build Jan 24 by Falko Schlötel Germany 05.jpeg

I forgot to mention, that I am also already reproducing the red sticker on the left tube for restoration purposes ...almost finished!

FUNK Suspension Fork II decal sticker by Falko Schlötel Germany 01.jpeg

One last images-post for the finished 2 forks of last week. No particular sense. Just eye candy:

I made two long and threaded brand new 1 1/4" inches steerer tubes for them + titanium cantilever bosses. And on the right fork in the pictures I re-placed every tiny screw with a high quality Grade 9 Titanium one. Maybe I will even replace the inner stanchions with titanium tubes - just to go super wild on them and make them the boosted titanium version of this fork on steroids :) Well see!

FUNK retro suspension fork II final by Falko Schlötel Germany 01.jpeg

FUNK retro suspension fork II final by Falko Schlötel Germany 02.jpeg

FUNK retro suspension fork II final by Falko Schlötel Germany 03.jpeg

Today, I also finally finished up the restoration sticker for the leftt fork-leg. Done! Only one minor thing that I would still work on. And that is the thickness of the "Engineered and built in" ... that could be a tiny bit slimmer. But hey, I need to stop spending my whole life in front of the Illustrator. Its very fine now! ...Off to printing!:

FUNK retro suspension fork II decal sticker finished by Falko Schlötel Germany.jpeg

It has been sanded down. Hell knows why! ...but I am 99% sure somebody sanded that bloody thang down! Maybe becaue he rode it in combination with a stem with noodle. And he preffered to use the noodle on the stem - and ruin the fork booster instead. :(

Never knew they did a titanium version of this frame, I had two many years ago unfortunately they both cracked quickly,, kinda wish I kept one for the garage wall ahhhhhh long time ago 1994 I think 🤔

Back