1992 FUNK Combat Titanium - The elitist Elevated Unicorn Owners Club

Flexstem AND suspension forks??? Was this the long travel option? 😜

Great scans! Don’t know much about Funk bikes apart from the fact that they were way out of my price range when they came out. Proper American exotica!

Did they first come with segmented forks, then move to a unicrown design?

Also crazy spray job on the last frame in the scans! Loving the chrome style logo and illusion of tubes within tubes. Reminds me of sci-fi art from 80s VHS films.

Thanks for sharing! 😎

Yes, thats true ... the segmented fork and straight head tube was before the uni-fork with the stepped head tube.

I like that German ad which says 'fun doesn't have to be expensive', I'd beg to differ these days regarding valuation on this bike. Very cool.

I also always stumbled over that and found it quite funny :-D They were far from being cheap back then, too! :)

that was a swiss ad from the swiss/european importer. at this pioneer time the other bike/brand importers made some nice money with the swiss bikers.

Not that I know of. As far as I know none of the Funk bikes of that retro period (early 90s) had any head logos.

They came, when Daryl Funk got back into business on his recent models.

by the way ...the stickers you saw on my head tube in my very first comments here are only random stickers the previous owner put on. No FUNK head tube decal!

Back