Stolen dream bike found 26 years later? Fat Chance (TC)!

Re: 1989 Fat Chance Team Comp (finished pics page 12)

I can only echo the sentiments of everyone else in this thread- A really cool and moving story, the end result looks spectacular. Definitely one of the best things I've read on RB. Thanks for sharing!

Amazing story! Beautiful paint job! The colors and star fade look fantastic!

The complete bike out in the mountains looks great.

Thanks everyone, it has been an amazing 'ride' to get to this point with the bike. And I was in such a hurry to get the bike built and ready for Toxik's event, that I haven't had a chance to ride it yet! I will say that it is definitely going to be on the small side for me now, as I have gone up a size or two in my middle game. It will undoubtedly feel best where I intended to ride it when I first got it; in the tight technical singletrack trails in my neck of the woods. I will take it for a proper ride soon though, I promise!

20170507_180816 by shamalama88, on Flickr

Could these be the only two Fat Chance Team Comps in Canada? Me and my new friend Mark, who is moving over to Victoria. I get to show him our trails! More pics to follow...

Mark Owen and Shamus TCs by shamalama88, on Flickr

Building the bike back to my original spec was a fun and cathartic project, but I knew it was just a brief stop along the way to my final build; getting the parts I always wanted as a kid, and setting up the Dream Bike. Apart from a couple quibbling details, this is what I was aiming for all along...

b19 by shamalama88, on Flickr

b13 by shamalama88, on Flickr

b9 by shamalama88, on Flickr

b2 by shamalama88, on Flickr

b11 by shamalama88, on Flickr

b5 by shamalama88, on Flickr

b10 by shamalama88, on Flickr

b1 by shamalama88, on Flickr

Amazing Shamus. Between that and the Toad you're killing me!!

Back