Stolen dream bike found 26 years later? Fat Chance (TC)!

Re:

Fan-bloody-tastic!!! :shock:

You must be one very very happy biker and builder right now. Such an amazing tale, it's still making me feel a bit emotional, even more so now seeing those pics....

Re: 1989 Fat Chance Team Comp (finished pics page 12)

Beautiful. But where's the yellow cables? That would be perfect. A period touch of jarring correctness.

A truly stunning outcome. Congratulations.

They're playing your tune..............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26J0uDIGErM

"Me minus you is such a lonely ride........"

Thanks fellas! Ah History Man, very astute. I had a kind offer from a patron of the build of yellow SIS housing. It just showed up the other day and it was not the original 5mm style, but rather skinny and definitely not period correct. So for Harald's Show n Shine this weekend I opted to go all black. I will say that I cut and installed the yellow cables and a yellow water bottle cage (thanks James!) first to see if I could get away with it, but it bothered me seeing that skinny housing when everything else was perfectly period correct.

Also, I actually felt that the yellow accents distracted the eye from the beauty of the paint job; it worked better when the frame was a single solid colour in my opinion. But I do like the yellow in principle; it was quirky (like Fat City Cycles) and added a dash of personality in a way that was more common in the late 80s, before the onslaught of flashy anodizing that was to follow in the boutique upgrade arena.

Great! I love it! Now all you need is proper chain to protec it; preferably something that is heavier than the bike so that you never ever lose it again.

Stunning build.

Dare":37j3quu3 said:
Great! I love it! Now all you need is proper chain to protec it; preferably something that is heavier than the bike so that you never ever lose it again.

What and scratch the paint?? ;)

What a great job Shamus. Great pics and a stunning backdrop. I'd love to visit one day. Look forward to seeing more pics of it and seeing it in the next BotM (when the organiser pulls his finger out!)

Back