So, 26", 27.5" and 29".

superstu":2mq14uge said:
I don't get the 29 look ridiculous argument. Far more ridiculous having a gate of a 26 wheeler or two foot of seatpost sticking out IMHO.

653cf422bf8fa1fb7f8e5cebbdeca92a_zpse4384239.jpg

:mrgreen:

The History Man":2d0dzphz said:
superstu":2d0dzphz said:
I don't get the 29 look ridiculous argument. Far more ridiculous having a gate of a 26 wheeler or two foot of seatpost sticking out IMHO.

Yes indeed. 29er looks right and proportionate

superstu":38rr1un2 said:
I don't get the 29 look ridiculous argument. Far more ridiculous having a gate of a 26 wheeler or two foot of seatpost sticking out IMHO. Some bikes looks good some look awful, again nothing to do with wheel size.

Stanton for example make gorgeous bikes in all three wheels sizes.

LOL, that's very true now you say it, bitd that seat position was the norm for all, now the kids find this hilarious.

Re:

Fair play sinnerman fair play. Wasnt calling you out but it does get tiresome hearing same old comments without people basing it on experience.

As for turning etc, cant say its been an issue for me on the 29er but I dont ride downhill or black runs. For everything else a 29er should be no different unless you are going really slow (ha! I do) or have repetitive switchbacks.

coomber":3e312nti said:
The History Man":3e312nti said:
superstu":3e312nti said:

Yes indeed. 29er looks right and proportionate

It does indeed for this rider height, but in fact, whilst in proportion its fit for a Giant, remember.

Now do the same at the other end of the scale.

Re: Re:

coomber":w65xkdp3 said:
Fair play sinnerman fair play. Wasnt calling you out but it does get tiresome hearing same old comments without people basing it on experience.

As for turning etc, cant say its been an issue for me on the 29er but I dont ride downhill or black runs. For everything else a 29er should be no different unless you are going really slow (ha! I do) or have repetitive switchbacks.

I didn't think you were, and you where right on the aesthetics comment too.

Case in point is THMs bike above, the 29ner looks made to measure, in fact it makes ever other bike he has look too small by comparison I rekon.

but for the smaller rider, for me it doesn't look as handsum.

I like 70% of the way a 29ner rides for sure, but judging by Giants measure, they aren't selling as well as others...

it does make me wonder if we will end up with the 27.5 as the standard in the end...?

Re:

As has been said by many, on here, they do look odd on smaller sizes. Thats why decent manufacturer's base smaller sizes on 650b wheel size and 29 for larger.

Re: Re:

coomber":15opkook said:
As has been said by many, on here, they do look odd on smaller sizes. Thats why decent manufacturer's base smaller sizes on 650b wheel size and 29 for larger.

So given the standard height of the regular person, could this be the measuring stick which Giant as the biggest Golbal manufacturer has used for the reason they haven't sold as expected.?

I have a good friend who is 6"8 but you could spot him amongst 200 people.

Re:

Hmmm interesting. 29er still outsells everything in USA and they are the no 1 market.

For the whole though 650b will be the main as you say for average sizes and mainstream on that basis. However I cant see there being one wheel size. That would be too easy. 650b has already replaced 26" and people like a choice.

The sheer economies for giant having one wheel size makes sense from a business perspective

Back