Small 1982 Ritchey fillet brazed custom road bike - locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reality is also that in comparison with this Ritchey a Colnago is a mediocre built overrated off the shelf piece of crap that gives quasi-connaisseur the impression it is 'special'. All respect, but if you're not able or willing to grab the right perspective, please do not intervene with comments and spoil peoples joy in offering and watching this really great stuff.

As what John says, forum ethics is that you do not comment on pricing in the 1st place.

Elev12k":1yayljif said:
Reality is also that in comparison with this Ritchey a Colnago is a mediocre built overrated off the shelf piece of crap that gives quasi-connaisseur the impression it is 'special'. All respect, but if you're not able or willing to grab the right perspective, please do not intervene with comments and spoil peoples joy in offering and watching this

Whether or not that is the case, what is the 'right' perspective? Surely each is allowed his own? I for one do appreciate the rarity and craftmanship of Tom Ritchey's frames, but calling a master olympic mediocre just pisses in your own fountain of knowledge..

No offence mind ;)

Oh, and sorry, I never knew the unspoken rule about commenting on prices.. I hope I haven't spoiled anyones joy in offering watching etc

That is the nicest road frame I've seen offered up on Retrobike, ever.

Luckily, my wife is too tall!

D▲NDY":1n5di7jr said:
Whether or not that is the case, what is the 'right' perspective? Surely each is allowed his own? I for one do appreciate the rarity and craftmanship of Tom Ritchey's frames, but calling a master olympic mediocre just pisses in your own fountain of knowledge..

No offence mind ;)

Oh, and sorry, I never knew the unspoken rule about commenting on prices.. I hope I haven't spoiled anyones joy in offering watching etc

You forgot that to make 'in comparison with this Ritchey' bolt. I sincerelly think it is a mediocre built overrated off the shelf piece of crap that gives quasi-connaisseur the impression it is 'special' - compared to this Ritchey. It was your idea to draw a comparison.

The not commenting on prices is not an unspoken rule. You can read it and more that could be interesting in CLASSIFIED RULES & GUIDANCE - 2010-06-16

D▲NDY":3ake7i4r said:

No offence mind ;)

Unless you have a speaking computer (and maybe you do) the rules regarding commentary on pricing will be unspoken. However for those with a more normal computer with a screen the rules are clearly stickied at the top of the forum. For reference > http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17697.

Think Elev12Ks comments regarding Colnagos are a little harsh. However I'm sure even the most die hard fan would concede Ernesto Colnago (who I believe never wielded a welding torch) is a master of martketing ;)

To the OP if you want this cleaning up please let me know.

John, Everybody,

Thanks but it's fine, John. I know how pretty it is and can appreciate the work that went into this frame so I'm comfortable with the price. Pretty amazing to have Tom Ritchey's own initials in the bb shell.

Thanks guys!

dbmtb":1uqgpk51 said:
That is the nicest road frame I've seen offered up on Retrobike, ever

I'm with this guy, that frame is achingly good.

Confused why you'd comare an ultra-rare Ritchey frame with a £900 fully-built Colnago, but what do I know ... mong comments on sale ads seem to be on the rise, see this thread and the tedium surrounding the serial number on someone's Raleigh.

Ffs, my passing comment at the fact I wasn't expecting it to cost $800 sans postage has ruffled the feathers the fishwives summat rotten.

Wind your necks in fellers. Nothing to see here, apart from a very nice frame that's a little pricier than I was expecting at first glance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back