Please use it! It can be found here
Bad Traders and temporary bans
The bad trader and temporary ban thread can be found here
Gold Trader Status
To apply for Gold Trader status please read the guidance here
Rules & Guidance
- Abuse of classifieds will result in a temporary or permenant ban from the entire site at the moderators discretion. Registering another username during a temporary ban (we can and will check) will result in a permenat ban. Two misdenmeanours will result in a permenant ban.
- No 'how much' posts in the main forum or elsewhere. If you really really need to ask how much your item is worth you may post on the "how much" thread here
. We suggest you look in the classifieds, ebay or elsewhere if you are genuinely unsure of an items value.
- All adverts to include a price, this includes responses to wanted adverts
. We suggest all adverts should include full details and a picture.
- No "offers over" or "best offer above" adverts allowed
. If you want an auction go to http://www.ebay.co.uk
and pay their fees.
- No more than five
adverts to be placed at one time or
on page one of the for sale or wanted forums. Extra ads will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators. Some discretion will be given if old ads are 'bumped' by other users. We stongly suggest you combine for sale posts.
- Do not 'bump' your sale or wanted post more than once in any 24 hour period.
- Parts must be in owners possesion before offered for sale.
- No commercial adverts. Mail email@example.com
for commercial advertising details.
- Swap or trade adverts acceptable, please mark as such, i.e. FT
- Please mark adverts where you are giving away items away appropriately, ie FOC
- Dibs are non-enforceable and strictly at the sellers discretion.
- Leave the price in the advert after the item has SOLD. This is good for future pricing of similar items.
- Do not remove description from item title, e.g. change it to SOLD.
- No need to post a reply to your thread when the item is SOLD (thus needlessly bumpiung said thread). Simply edit the original post to indicate the item is SOLD.
- Keep commentary on pricing to a minimum - the value of retro parts is very subjective.
- Some 'trading' is acceptable - wheeling and dealing is part of the retro scene. However if you are doing it consistently suggest you use ebay
- Cross posting adverts is permitted if the moderators feel it justified. However only one advert will be left unlocked to avoid confusion. We reserve the right to remove cross posted adverts.
- Use your common sense and discretion!
- Check the users feedback
. Either through the feedback forum
or by clicking the feedback link below their post >
- We stongly suggest you do not
use paypal gift, especially for new users or those with low feedback. As well as giving no protection in case of issue this also breaches paypal's terms and conditions.
- Exchange 'real' contact details like name, address and phone number before the transaction occurs.
- We strongly recommend all items are send via recorded post.
After the deal
- Ensure the item is posted in good time. Equally ensure you leave a reasonable time for it to arrive.
- Use the feedback forum
for all trades. Don't be afraid to leave bad feedback if you're unhappy - you could save someone else from having sililar problems. If you wish you can also PM the seller to indicate the goods have arrived.
Remember we at retrobike supply these adverts free of charge as a service to buyers and sellers. Although we will try to assist in case of problems ultimately this must be sorted between buyer and seller
. If this is an issue suggest you use a service like ebay
. where there is more comeback.
In case of a bad seller or buyer please bear in mind all we at retrobike can do is ban them if fault is found.
We suggest you make every effort to contact the other party directly before a 'public outing' or contacting a mod. If you feel you need to make a complaint to a mod please supply the following information
1. Are you buyer or seller.
2. Other user involved
3. Item and price paid.
4. Link to original advert.
5. Nature of complaint.
6. How have you contacted other user. PM, email, phone ?
7. How did you pay?
If Paypal gift was used contrary to our guidance this will not be looked on favourably.
8. How was the item sent?
If the seller did not use a recorded service contrary to our advice
again this will not be looked on favourably.