Shogun Metro-1, 90's 700c Hybrid to Gravel Bike!

Finished putting this together today, only had time for a quick test ride, I'll give it a proper ride at the weekend, but so far so good.
It's no lightweight at around 27lbs, but then that's the same as my drop-bar retro Mtb , no doubt the Shogun frame is fairly basic plain gauge tubing.

The drivetrain is 1x12, I toyed with 2x but decided I'd leave that to the road bike, I opted for a Riro XT crankset (AliExpress), essentially a copy of the Shimano Hollowtech cranks and uses the same 24mm axle standard.
I went with @HourGlass 's recommendation of the 700x40c Innova Pro "Stampede" tyres, which look decent.
I already had some 700c wheels, but then saw @bhill22 was selling some Hope Hoops with Mavic Open Pro rims and Hope Pro3 hubs, so the budget was blown out of the water (again! 😅).
I've used a 1" Threaded steerer to 1"1/8 Threadless adapter to fit an old 80mm Hope XC stem I had, which holds the On-One Midge bars.
Brakes are Suntour XC cantilevers, I'm thinking the Sensah levers may be designed for cable disc brakes, which may not be optimal for canti brake use, but the test ride suggested braking was adequate, if not stellar. (it's also been a few years since I fitted/set up Canti brakes, so some further tinkering may be needed).

View attachment 839020

Frame/Fork - Shogun Metro-1 cro-mo

Wheels - Hope Hoops (Pro3 hubs/Mavic Open Pro rims).
Tyres- Innova Pro "Stampede" 700x40c
Quick Releases - from the spares box.

Drivetrain - Sensah SRX Pro 1x12 shift levers & rear mech .
Cassette - Sunshine 12 speed 11-46T
Crankset - Riro XT & 38T narrow-wide ring .
Bottom Bracket - Shimano HT
Chain - KMC X12

Finishing Kit - XLC alloy seatpost 25.8
Saddle - Selle Italia X1 Flow
Stem - Hope XC
Bars - On One Midge
Tape - West Bike
Pedals - cheap well used flats, I'll probably put some Shimano SPD pedals on at a later date

You did good work; thank you for sharing the photos. I also want to share a thing that I found a few days ago; it was about my study. I was busy with my project, which I am working on now, and I forgave that. I also had to submit my assignment, and I remembered it one day before the submission date, and then one friend suggested I visit this website called https://domypaper.com/ DoMyPaper. They are a writing service, and on this day I submitted my work and got good marks. A huge thank you to my friend for sharing them with me.
It looks so beautiful, I love your choice <3

Back