Rust bucket I got for $27 while on holiday

Thanks guys, I have wanted a high end NZ build from this era for a while, I was stoked to get this, I have another fillet brazed frame/fork from this era buy no where near the quality of this one, pretty stoked.
I have to get the built up rust out of the inner routing tube, so I am soaking with CRC and running the uncoiled inner of the outer through to try to move it, hopefully be able to get another cable in, sooner rather than later.
I plan to build it with big chrome riser bars, that I have from another lower grade Worldrider, XT 6 Spd thumb shifters, a very nice LX Moutain rear mech and this original Deore front, will rebuild wheels as the rims are had it, will use another wheel set in the interim.

So. How little can you spend? :)

Looks to be a really nicely built frame. Pulling up a chair.

Tyres, tubes, chain, cluster(if I can't rework the original) will be the only spending.
I will get some Panaracers a Smoke for thee rear and a Dart for the front, they will be black walls, as I know some one with some NOS.
I may have some Tioga gum walls coming, but was going to use those on my GT Karakoram K2.
Everything else I have already, so as soon as I can get a rear brake cable through the internal routing I will get it built.

Re:

I got an outer through the internal routing today!
I will dig out the parts today and get a few fitted, and will go down to the bike shop I used to work at and get th BB out if I can not get it out at home, hopefully the cups were greased like the seat post and just come straight out.
Will post some pics as that starts falling in to place

love this gem looking forward to the resto
props due sweet find diamonds and mud

Back