Ritchey WCS carbon bars. FAKE or GENUINE??

hamster":616198ba said:
Definitely dodgy then. :(
Ritchey stuff has really decent quality control in my experience.

Ebay is full of dodgy carbon stuff from China and HK.
yeah i know, they can be quite convincing in some cases too. Ive opened a case with the seller but he swears they came from a genuine retailer originally. Somehow i doubt that lol so i thought id get some other opinions. Annoying because my mate has a set going spare but i think ive been put off buying ritchey carbon parts for the future

Sean

hamster":1u6svo4w said:
Some of the fakes indeed can be amazingly good.
Thats for sure, it can be difficult to tell the difference sometimes without putting a fake and a genuine pair side by side

Sean

How much did they cost? If they were ridiculously cheap, they are most likely fakes.. you can get Race Face, Ritchey carbon bars shipped from China for little as £10 including postage, but obviously all fakes.

Re:

£25 but they were second hand. I paid the price for a second hand genuine pair

The china copies tend to sell for around £35 brand new

Re:

i messaged ritchey logic on facebook today, i sent them a picture from the front and they replied saying the bars are legit. from looking at a picture, the fake/genuine handlebars look identical and there would be no way you could tell them apart from the picture i sent, so that doesnt really get me any further. surely ritchey would finish these handlebars to a higher quality though... wouldn't they?

Re:

Can you more photos of the bars, in particular the centre part with logo. Pretty sure i git ritchey bars on 1 bike, may be able to compare.

Also any sticker or lable inside bars at the ends.

Back