RetroBike National MTB Sers Rd 3: Forest of Dean ~ AFTERMATH

Re: Re:

andyz":z2uxrycl said:
I heard at least a couple of Garmins bleeping away! :LOL:

Mine does that just to taunt me, 'come on you big Jessy, any slower and I'll log it as stationary' is what some of those beeps mean.

The beeps may all sound the same to you, but some of them have a very sarcastic tone.

Search under my name of Stravall and you should find the (short route) map.

Gravy Monster":29f3o1q1 said:
• Gunshot in the woods from an old smoke tyre (not cardbard Mans amazingly)
• The pub carpark tyre change pitstop, the interesting way of fitting tube 1st then tyre :LOL:

Not sure what I was doing there, temporary loss of sanity whilst everyone was watching.

weeman_mtb":29f3o1q1 said:
Great ride yesterday, very tricky in places but good fun all the same. Did anyone (with normal sized tyres) manage to get round without falling off?

And Rob H, you're welcome to the tyre, glad I could help. You're very lucky, that's the only time I've ever carried a spare.

I made round with only a couple of dabs but I've been riding the FoD's root trails for years so I had home advantage.

Many thanks for the tyre, I really thought I was going to have to test British Cycling's rescue service.

PS does anyone know which pub we went to as there are no less than three Rising Sun pubs in the FoD

andyz":34k3hljf said:
Does anyone have a map of the route? - I'm looking at a map and I don't have a clue where we went!

Yes as mentioned I did make it up as we went along base on the speed of the group, tiredness of riders and time constraints. I would rather not publish a map of the route and out of respect I hope no one else will, some of the trials are quite unknown and I would like to keep it that way :cool:

James

theredchili":31c4x7nd said:
andyz":31c4x7nd said:
Does anyone have a map of the route? - I'm looking at a map and I don't have a clue where we went!

Yes as mentioned I did make it up as we went along base on the speed of the group, tiredness of riders and time constraints. I would rather not publish a map of the route and out of respect I hope no one else will, some of the trials are quite unknown and I would like to keep it that way :cool:

James

No worries, I've worked it by, errr, other means so it can remain unpublished.

theredchili":3m4g7w72 said:
Yes as mentioned I did make it up as we went along base on the speed of the group, tiredness of riders and time constraints...

Yes, I was a lame duck in the afternoon. I apologise :oops: to you and to the rest of the crew for how this impacted on the progress we made. In hindsight, I should of bailed out for that early finish and cup of tea. No excuses. I was shyte :facepalm:

Re:

Thank you to the Trio for guiding us :cool:

I grew up riding the FOD but don't think I had ridden any of what we rode :LOL:

Highlights and lowlights:

➡️ Racing Ralphs are not grippy in the slightest when wet hence:

Gravy Monster":i3yj0i7o said:
• LMTTM saying whilst at the top of a mound , Fanny’s keep left and then having an epic tumble within 2 yards of announcing this :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: In my defence I was only repeating what Sheldon had called out, I'm never usually that crass ;)

➡️ Witnessing the most gentlemanly dismount with both feet still clipped into his pedals - Bravo Neil M.

➡️ The History Man(?) needs a lesson on descending from Ed Edwards ;)

➡️ Only lowlight was seeing LGF nearly pierce a lung aster falling onto a dead Chrismas tree. Please report to Neil M for lessons on how to dismount is a ore gentlemanly manner.

Massive thanks to SPENCE for the loan of the jacket. I was in the Scouts but am rarely prepared ...... ;)

Hope to see you all at MM and on the Quantocks ride.

Luckily I am well built and got away with a friction burn and a large bruise. Thats my biggest worry about falling off in the woods.

That and streams, they are magnetic.

I am all the colours of the rainbow at present. Mrs HM says i have to be more careful in future.

yeah right.

Re:

Hi aLL

forgive the tardy effort with the camera here but I thought some of yah might like to see yourselves in action..

Surprised to see LMTTM hiding behind a tree, not normally the shy and retiring type

Attachments

• DSCF0607.JPG
    DSCF0607.JPG
    235.3 KB · Views: 1,379
  • DSCF0606.JPG
    DSCF0606.JPG
    219.5 KB · Views: 1,379
  • DSCF0604.jpg
    DSCF0604.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 1,379
  • DSCF0602.jpg
    DSCF0602.jpg