RetroBike National MTB Sers Rd 3: Forest of Dean ~ AFTERMATH

Re:

Some nice unspoilt trails today thanks to James and sheldon for showing us about. Thanks gravy monster for the lift and the new sarecen see you at mayhem

Re:

Superb day out. Many thanks to our hosts for guiding. Really enjoyable route and the bluebells were stunning. Slippery was the word of the day- managed to get it wrong and bin it at one point, and as predicted I can feel that his morning. Good to see everybody as usual. My favourite bike - Weemans Zinn.

Cheers - Chris.

Re:

Another epic meet at the FOD, Great trails and an exceptionally well organised event , esp at lunchtime ! Big thanks to James, Sheldon & Hayden for their expert guidance

Was great to catch up with the regulars and also meeting the new , some great bikes there today. I am honoured to have had my 1986 Falcon K2 chosen as bike of the ride. It rode faultlessly and was a pleasure to give it a pasting through the most enjoyable single track, It lapped up all the technical sections without a hitch, even without any squeal from the brakes ;)

There were many highlights for me :LOL:

• Cardboard reinforced tyre
• The “its too offroad “ comment on one the best section we rode
• LMTTM saying whilst at the top of a mound , Fanny’s keep left and then having an epic tumble within 2 yards of announcing this :LOL:
• The last of the summer wine-o’s getting wood over the bikes at the pub and then randomly playing Frisbee in the carpark
• Gunshot in the woods from an old smoke tyre (not cardbard Mans amazingly)
• The pub carpark tyre change pitstop, the interesting way of fitting tube 1st then tyre :LOL:

Here a few pics that I took on my phone, See you at MM

GM :cool:

Re:

Cardboard man was the best bit for me I've ditched my puncture repair kit now and just carry a box of 20 butlers and some superglue

So it wasn't the sound of a gunshot in the forest as LGF was wrestled to the ground as he tried to do the honourable thing after turning up on a full susser? :D

Re:

The gunshot puncture was most bizarre and happened only 10 yards in front of me on one of the most innocuous trails we rode.

Great day though, and nice to give the Cats a really good try out.

Re:

More pictures to follow later....

Anyway here's Paul talking to the natives .............
As every old butt the length and breath of the forest knows "There's no such thing as a new idea, just alot of people with short memories :shock:

*sorry for the poor spelling and missing an "f" in last caption :oops:

Attachments

• ol butt.jpg
    ol butt.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 1,370
  • phat bike 2.jpg
    phat bike 2.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 1,370
  • phat bike.jpg
    phat bike.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 1,370
Re:

A lovely days riding, many thanks to the organisers. :D
And the weather held off! I really was expecting to get a soaking.

The last time I was in the FoD was in 1983, so it was well overdue..... :oops:

Re:

Big thanks to everyone for making it such an enjoyable day.
Great chance to catch up with a few old faces and get to know a few more whilst riding the sweet, sweet singletrack of the FOD.
Top day :D

A big thanks to everyone who made the effort to come down, sadly some of the trails are closed at the moment, but luckily there were plenty more to choose from and impressed how many RetroBikers attempted some of the more technical lines. The rain never came to much thankfully and the trails were pretty dry, I found it much more slippery out today for sure!! It was a nice touch for the Rising Sun to reserve a room for us again, the food was pretty good too, On a personnel note as Spence will agree there was a minor disaster as the Butcombe Blond was off :evil:
Until next time .....

Back