RetroBike National MTB Sers Rd 3: Forest of Dean ~ AFTERMATH

Re:

Thanks again james I'll recommend you to my mates if they fancy some off piste action soon

I am a child again

I am drowning in a sea of bluebells

The forest echos to the shouts and screams of play

of mud and rain

of slippery roots and off camber trails

of creaky bikes and creaky joints

I am a child again

Covered in mud and smiles

I am a child again.

:)

nice photo..i am very sad because cannot join last minute need cancel. maybe next time. :(

Re:

Nice poem Big Cheese, I think we can all relate to that. As some of you may have noticed, I'm about 12 again in my head once I'm riding a bike.

Great ride yesterday, very tricky in places but good fun all the same. Did anyone (with normal sized tyres) manage to get round without falling off? Thanks as always to the organisers and ride leaders, we'd never get to see such fantastic trails without you guys.

Cheers for the comment on the bike Uncle Monty, chuffed to get runner up in bike of the ride too. Lots of lovely bikes on show, I really need to make the effort to be more complimentary instead of just staring at them :oops: .

And Rob H, you're welcome to the tyre, glad I could help. You're very lucky, that's the only time I've ever carried a spare.

Re:

That was above and beyond the call Chris...... :LOL: ........you don't happen to have a wiring loom for a 2004 x type in there do you mate?.....

Re:

Does anyone have a map of the route? - I'm looking at a map and I don't have a clue where we went!

Re: Re:

andyz":38uyoitd said:
Does anyone have a map of the route? - I'm looking at a map and I don't have a clue where we went!

Well said!

I have been around the FOD a few times but not that area. It would be good to revisit. I realise James kinda made it up as he went along because some of the trails were closed but is a map possible?..Longshot: I'm guessing Sheldon might of logged it on that strava type gadget strapped onto his fatty bike? ;)

Cheers!

Re: Re:

saulus":17ges9vl said:
andyz":17ges9vl said:

Well said!

I have been around the FOD a few times but not that area. It would be good to revisit. I realise James kinda made it up as he went along because some of the trails were closed but is a map possible?..Longshot: I'm guessing Sheldon might of logged it on that strava type gadget strapped onto his fatty bike? ;)

Cheers!

I heard at least a couple of Garmins bleeping away! :LOL:

Re:

Great day out trails are cool pub was good despite the lack of it's tastiest beverage :( got a free sandwich though :) thanks to James-sheldon-Hayden for hearding us round +got some pics if anyone knows how to get them from a Nokia 610 windows phone onto here pm me(i have it/tech knowledge of a banana)
Cheers
Spence

Back