recommend me a car

A great one for you
shelby-raptor-ny.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I have a Hyundai i30 diesel 1.6 - I've had it 3 years and it's done 66,000 miles.I got diesel cos I do a fair few miles. It's not the most exciting car in the world but I average a proper 50mpg on my hilly journeys and 55 mpg on the flat. The car is like a tardis when you put the back seats down - two mountain bikes (wheels out, obviously) full camping gear and a weeks luggage and room left over. It's one of the few hatchbacks that we could get our huge snowboard box into without it sticking between the front seats. It accelerates ok - my test for any car is being able to overtakes lorries on a local short but steep hill and it does just fine on this (!).
It's never let me down and the only cost has been scheduled services - and road tax is £30. bargain.

If you want to check what a car does to the gallon (not factory figures) - try looking at Honest John
http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg .

Re:

Thanks for that helpful reply, I have seen these and put them on my shortlist. List currently looks like this -
Mazda 3
vauxhall astra
Renault megane
Citroen C4
Peugeot 206 / SW
Kia Cee'd / sw
Hyundai i30 / estate - crdi

But I'm really hoping mine lasts another couple of years. For one thing I'm not sure any of these will have a cassette tape deck to play my mix tapes on :x

Mazda 3 - uses bits of Ford so not too bad

vauxhall astra - avoid 1.3cdti fiat diesel model and 16v diesel model

Renault megane - avoid! they seem to suffer from all sorts

Citroen C4 - meh...

Peugeot 206 / SW - reasonable

Kia Cee'd / sw - expensive for sundries like suspension bushings when compared to the above

Hyundai i30 / estate - crdi - as above

Back