Recently had my Aspergers comfirmed

Ok, I have tried to stay out of this one. My sanctimonious, self opinionated view is this. Given the sheer range of labels and symptoms, anyone who subjects themselves to any kind of psychological test will be found to have markers and character traits that point to depression, aspergers, ocd, borderline psychotic, manic depression etc and people can and do use this as an excuse for the most abhorrent behaviour (my sister for one)
Please don't think that I am saying that you don't have aspergers syndrome, I'm not a psychologist.
What I am saying is it seems more and more people who behave in a manner that causes other people to label them 'cock' or 'dickhead' do so because it's easier to blame their personality on a 'mental illness' than admit to themselves that they are an unlikeable person and change accordingly.

Oh and the term 'aspies' is condescening and sacharrine in the extreme

Greenstiles: I am not calling you a cock or a dickhead ok ?

I have Borderline Personality Disorder,among other things, had me locked away for months, although often incorrect Wikipedia does have a good description of it. The diagnosis explained a lot of my behaviour, Damn I wish it could have excused it too :D

Alison

Back