rBoTM RBotM October 2022 - Open Month - Enter now!!!

road Bike of The Month
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Welcome to RBotM October 2022 - Open Month

Welcome back, I hope everyone has had a great end to the summer and has lots of builds and projects being ridden and ready to share with the rest of us.
Open month this month which means all retro road welcome!!
Easy to enter, when out on your next ride or when out in the yard and the suns out, snap a photo or two and post it up. Write a brief description and add a link to where more detailed information can be found, hopefully in readers rides section as well as any web page etc. Couldn't be easier.
So get the phones, cameras or even crayons out and get those pictures entered.

Jamie

Super Clubman Ride Strathconan Nov 2021 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

As it might be a while before we have a Tandem Special month, I thought I’d pop this in.

Peachy’s 1990 Jack Taylor Tourist Tandem

From an unroadworthy almost write off in September’21 to an absolute joy to ride a year later at the 2022 Jack Taylor appreciation August bank holiday event.
It was a challenge, but I think one that was worth the effort.
Tears & cheers here in the build thread; https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/1990-jack-taylor-tourist-tandem-8638-finished-pg7.436678/
B6274E67-C0BD-47BD-920D-1CA0F9FE7A1C.jpeg A32B40ED-B78C-4FDE-9905-D806D6703F51.jpeg

1890s Chicago Monarch bicycle. Fixed gear path racer. 32D86D5C-FDF8-4E44-B375-20F32AEA79DB.jpeg
45B1D127-03CD-47E5-B59B-E00C3AF51FFD.jpeg

Last edited:
Come on, others have nice bikes. You need to enter your builds or suvivors so we can all appreciate them. There is such a diversity of retro road bikes. We all need to see them to be educated about what is out there.

Come on, others have nice bikes. You need to enter your builds or suvivors so we can all appreciate them. There is such a diversity of retro road bikes. We all need to see them to be educated about what is out there.
The thing is, as soon as someone puts a pre-war bike in, no one else tends to bother as I’ve not know a pre-war bike not win. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Oh and unfortunately Chicken now has his up for sale so that disqualifies his entry. (Unless he removes it from sale of course)
If there’s only 2 of us at the end of the month I think I’ll pull out and enter another month.
45479798-102F-480C-92A1-A8C608847947.jpeg

Last edited:
Gtpulse’s Merican Pro Lugless, a century apart from the earliest entry this month I’d guess. Also proof my bikes do sometimes get out from under the holly tree! The one under the tree best represents the in person colour - the road shot I think was a sunny day and made it look a bit faded, amazing how different the light makes it look.

https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/mercian-pro-lugless-653.452150/

44E205E5-31F4-46CA-AF12-154939D0D4D2.jpeg 01D8A4BE-E2A0-4236-8B7F-5EB76E5FB3D4.jpeg

The thing is, as soon as someone puts a pre-war bike in, no one else tends to bother as I’ve not know a pre-war bike not win. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Oh and unfortunately Chicken now has his up for sale so that disqualifies his entry. (Unless he removes it from sale of course)
If there’s only 2 of us at the end of the month I think I’ll pull out and enter another month.
View attachment 672672
My entry is pretty rough. It works, that’s about it. Allmost all the plating is gone, badly worn drive, etc. There are a lot of beautiful bicycles out there. Beauty vs an almost not survivor. Or, something you can ride uncomfortably on a bike path when most others aren’t using it vs something you can ride all day. I find it strange that my entry has much of a chance against most other beautiful bicycles. In 2014 we bicycled England. We visited the Cadbury Estate. The barn or carriage house had a few prewar complete English bikes in there. The black paint was faded and they were very dirty. I was wondering how I could snag one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back