RBotM JULY 2020 - Theme month - Retromod! Entries now open!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

Liking the batavus. Clean, understated frame in a cracking 80s colour .... I've always liked blue bikes

dwscrimshaws 1980 Holdsworth Pro SL - Retro viewtopic.php?f=23&t=413894

Been working on this Ebay purchased frame over lock down. Repaint and some lightweight kit, Nice and light retro at 7.36Kg to chase much younger club riders. Done a few hundred miles on it now goes well as intended.

Attachments

• IMAG6581 small.jpg
    IMAG6581 small.jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 3,435
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    464.7 KB · Views: 3,435
Nice... it was this Dura-Ace clad Holdsworth that inspired me to up my RetroMod Holdsworth Claud Butler Colstar... see new picture in pg1 with a mix of DuraAce 7800/7700 (I wanted 36h hubs but still with 10sp) with some touches of 600AX & EX

And just to add to the already high Holdsworth content I'll add my Retromod Holdsworth Elan.

I've been meaning to add it to this months competition for well almost a month but I've only just managed to get it out of the garage and out on the road for a ride.

No build thread on this one I'm afraid as Its one of the first I did when getting back into cycling and before I'd gotten brave enough to start posting some of my creations on here but I did find a couple of photo's of it from when I got it home and the state it was in so below are a before and a today photo.

It was an impulse ebay purchase as a bare frame bought from London and brought home on the tube and train with all the usual "ere someones knicked your wheels mate" type comments, but getting out on it today reminded me just how nice and easy a thing it is to ride and how easily it covers the miles but without looking like a modern bike, exactly what a Retromod should be.

Attachments

• holds.jpg
    holds.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 3,408
  • holds2.jpg
    holds2.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 3,408
allenh":15rzxv0k said:
And just to add to the already high Holdsworth content I'll add my Retromod Holdsworth Elan.

Very nice Allen... I have one of those exact frames badged up as a CB "Italia" that I got from Kingbling, it will possibly be our Jimmy's next bike maybe with the 105 I took of my Colstar... much nicer/elegant rear stays I think, but the the Colstar's lighter double butted 531c won the day for me... although of course being set up with shorter forks for 700, the CB Italia/Holdsworth Elan allows for more choice of brakes/rims than the long-legged CB Colstar/Holdsworth Special

WimVDD's Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra Max "team Kelme".

I built this bike around a 1992 Merckx Corsa Extra frameset in Team Kelme livery (I always wanted a Merckx in these colours). Special thing about the frame is that it's built from Columbus Max tubing. Merckx did this only for one year or so, later he introduced it as "MX Leader".

I love the bikes of my youth to look at, but I prefer our modern comfort when it comes to riding them. That's why I have this weak spot for retro mod's. I finished this bike with a blend of parts: 10 speed Chorus/Record with Shamal 12 HPW Titanium wheels and Vredestein Fortezza tires.

Wim

Attachments

• Shamals included_2.jpg
    Shamals included_2.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 3,354
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back