Projects for this year?

Are we talking projects finished by Dec. 31st?

The 1999 Schwinn Homegrown Factory Team bike is waiting on the m952 shifters/brifters. I have all the catalog correct parts ready. Though, I don't want to pay ebay 3x prices and I was already shafted once locally for 120€. I am waiting for a seller to 'feel' right with fair price.

The 2000 Schwinn Paramount needs the Dura Ace hubs repacked with grease, maybe new bearings before spring.

The 1982 Rossin Super Record needs the correct Campy Super Record hubs and Nisi Laser rims before summer.

The Rocky Mountain RMX Team needs a refresh of the triple-8 fork before late spring.

The 1994 Serotta Colorado ATi might be done by Christmas but I have a ton of DIY anodizing to do plus waiting on certain parts to pop up for sale.

The 1992 Serotta T-max has just about everything for an XTR m900/Mavic VTT build but isn't a priority to start at the moment.

I am also trying to acquire a few more frames to que. I think this year is already full. Next year is hopefully the T-max, Klein Attitude and Alpinestars Al-megaXT. Good times!

Set some realistic goals of you're too busy in general. Such as only work on rainy days. Or 1.5 hours on Tuesday and Thursday night only. Always keep the frame in question qued on your bike stand with the tools right there.
Good advice. The main issue is I cannot manage to accumulate the parts to finish any of them.. I’m nearly there on all, but those last few parts are proving elusive! It’s all about the hunt, right?

That’s what they tell me 🙄

I am aiming to go through my forks, rebuilding, reviving and cleaning them up. Some to use and some to display.

Also hoping to sort my parts out into more accessible storage options, instead of them all just being piled on top of each other in big boxes.

Project for this year? I dont know ... most of them shall be finished until May. On the finish line are:

- 1991 KLEIN "Attitude"
- 1992 MARIN "Team Titanium"
- 1994 KLEIN "Adept"
- 1994 MARIN Team FRS

Still on my bucket and wanted list: a nice FUNK with an original rigid fork.

Back