Projects for this year?

Tootyred

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Just wondering what projects people have on the list for this year....as spring apparently approaches, I'm looking forward to getting out on the trails a bit more, but for now its cold rides and a warm shed!

Myself, now I've managed to collect up and restore a full m730 groupset, im going to finally rebuild my Swallow Ptarmigan to its original 1987 spec.....all be it with a modified m730 rear hub and shifter plates for running 7 speed hyperglide.....i just can't go back to uniglide!

Attachments

• 20220720_100445.jpg
    20220720_100445.jpg
    491.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220830_143551.jpg
    20220830_143551.jpg
    460.4 KB · Views: 16
To buy some new 'Pauls' components this year?? Got more chance of winning the lotto jackpot I think. The delay is worse than bad.

Some new wheels are on the cards but the main project is to cycle up hills faster. Faster AND be able to keep a good pace up after the hill is crushed. Gravity is not my friend but the biggest obstacle is between my ears. That issue ends this year....grrrr!

Definitely more riding this year and less tinkering as soon as it warms up a bit. Although having said that I have got my KHS Montana comp to respray and then build, is everything ok with Gil_M by the way? I’m not having much luck getting hold of him for some fresh decals..
Anyhow, I’ve managed to finalise a few nice builds over the colder months and I genuinely can’t wait to get out there and ride them!

Next build, I think, is a full-sus' Mokomoko. Got everything but the BB sourced. Knowing me it should be complete around this time 2025 :p :D

In no particular order

1. Rebuild the Intense

1625131955569-png.552881

2. Finish the Norman Fay

img_20221120_143026-jpg.681696

3. See if this roadie can be fettled (It has faded from white to custard!)

img_20230305_110336-jpg.716418

Hmmm.. multiple stalled builds for ‘23 (and throughout ‘22, come to think)..

- ‘93 Hei Hei stalled because I can’t find the green parts I want
- ‘91 Attitude currently at Jonrock.. but academic because can’t find a decent black m730 chainset
- ‘95 Hot stalled because I can’t find the forks or chainset I need

Maybe I’ll finally get round to de-lacquering/rusting a Marin Team Issue frame I’ve had for a while.. but probably not. The malaise of stagnant builds has pretty much overtaken me..

Next for me - 89 Overbury's drop bar gravel type build, 88 Mountain Klein (direction still undecided) and 91 RM Hammer catalogue restoration.

First though a complete garage - workshop conversion, plus I have several bike packing expeditions planned.

Bike stuff: strip and repaint the Merlin Malt and Harry Hall frames, and use the lessons learned doing the same on the Pine Mountain.
Summer for me is more about reenactment events than cycling.

Hmmm.. multiple stalled builds for ‘23 (and throughout ‘22, come to think).
Set some realistic goals of you're too busy in general. Such as only work on rainy days. Or 1.5 hours on Tuesday and Thursday night only. Always keep the frame in question qued on your bike stand with the tools right there.

Back