PDM Concorde Aquila

NeilM":1uerqg9g said:
Oh that does look nice. Lucky for you it was in your neck of the woods and not mine, or the first you would have know would have been when I posted pictures.

Trying to find out about Concorde bikes is really like trying to pin down fog. I have almost no idea where my Astore frame was made, although I have seen a Basso frame of around the same age and there are many similarities. You will also spot when looking at models with the same name that there are differences all over the place and I assume this was a change of features or manufacturer depending on the year.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for some dry weather, as I have finally found some pedals for my Astore and as soon as they arrive I want to give it a proper try out.

Gratuitous picture, just because I like the bike.

DSC_0225-1_zpscecc8628.jpg

Oh and I now have a Stars and Stripes jersey and gilet... yeeehaaaarrrrrr

EDIT: I meant to say that I have a USE Alien seat post in silver on the Astore now, as the Miche one fitted in the photos was a little.... weighty. Alien posts can be found in the USE factory shop (on-line) for £40.

Hi retrobike rider - where did you get that USA frame? I'm trying to find this frame - I don't know where to even start... tried to search for usa flag concorde bike or stars and stripes and can't seem to find what the model of this bike would have been called.

Does anyone out there have a frame like this they're wanting to sell? Anything from a 51-54cm?

Thanks!

Mine came from Belgium, and I found it on ebay. I have seen pictures of others in the Netherlands and there was one for sale a while ago on the London fixed gear forum.

Mine was originally supplied by Plum Gent, so whether it was a special colour scheme and they had a batch made, or whether Concorde produced them I have no idea, but it certainly makes a statement.

It is also a really nice, comfortable bike to ride, so it's not just a pretty paint job.

All the stars and stripes frames I have seen have been the same model as mine, the Astore, so I guess if you start searching for a Concorde Astore, you may get lucky.

Good luck with your search.

Thanks for the quick response - if you or anyone else finds a frame like this I'd love to buy it!

oonaff":2ib1o2if said:
hello, am i right in saying concorde's were built by ciocc ?

Some of them were said to have been built by Ciocc. It is normally accepted that the frames with the Italian flag at the seat tube end of the top tube, are the Ciocc frames.

Other frames were built in Europe, Northern Italy usually being mentioned. Mine has a striking resemblance, in many small details, to a Basso that I was able to compare it to, but if you do a few searches, you will find other well known frame builders associated with Concorde.

Back