the cult is real - '91 Bridgestone RB-1

if one comes up in your size for a fair price, do it. without going overboard, I'll say they're nice bikes. they look great, tire clearance is great given the age.

man 7800 is slick as hell. took me a minute to warm to the aesthetics on the crank, but i am into it. runs nice, beautiful curves...i'd have run a 7800 crank on this build too if I'd had one short enough for a 50cm frame.

as for the bullmoose. . . it didn't look quite right, for sure, but it is a rivendell item

what you doing over here in road land? ;D
thanks dude <3
I have a lot of respect for what Bridgestone USA was doing in the 80's and 90's. What is the clearance like? 28's, 32's? I think I read that Pineapple Bob used to ride his RB1 CX back in the day.

Nice bike, they look very well built. Maybe a candidate for a 650b conversion? Would have been my choice anyway.

What is the clearance like? 28's, 32's? I think I read that Pineapple Bob used to ride his RB1 CX back in the day.

i think clearance varied a bit over the years, i have 28s in there with room to spare. i see 30's often and 32s sometimes. rim is a factor too of course

Nice bike, they look very well built. Maybe a candidate for a 650b conversion? Would have been my choice anyway.

thanks, and i agree. probably room for 650x35 or 650x38. had i the wheelset and long reach breaks i'd have tried it for sure.

I just picked one up here in BC Canada too -seller said it was a 56, but my buddy picked it up and drove it west for me, and alas, it’s only a 53 (c-c). Too small for me, but I’ll clean it up, give it some love (Brifters stuck, drivetrain is worn), and get it rolling for the next person.

IMG_5339.jpeg

I just picked one up here in BC Canada too -seller said it was a 56, but my buddy picked it up and drove it west for me, and alas, it’s only a 53 (c-c). Too small for me, but I’ll clean it up, give it some love (Brifters stuck, drivetrain is worn), and get it rolling for the next person.

View attachment 797581
that's a late one which had the best tire clearance

2771266-t6ihz1opz9pl-rb_1_slr_ti_1_2-original.jpg

someone made an offer i couldn't turn down on the black perforated flite so saddle swapped and also wheels

i'm thinking to put an ultegra 6600 crank on since i've gotten one recently and would better match the DA 10 speed stuff. just need a BB

2771263-58wl4t8hyi52-rb_1_slr_ti_1-original.jpg

i also keep toying with swapping in an EC90 fork/thomson stem/ CK headset 🤷‍♂️

Beautiful bike, great photos as well by the way. Love the build and the old Dura-Ace

thank you. the dura ace is kit is really nice, i'm lucky the group was super clean/low miles.

what size frame is that? 51, 52cm and what's the toptube length? curious
it's a catalog size 50

Seat Tube C-C - 482.5mm
Seat Tube C-T - 500mm
Top Tube C-C - 525mm

she still has no interest 🙄

it's been listed for sale for months, a few people have reached out to say how much they like the build but no real bites.

what i really want to do is put some ~20mm deep black alloy wheels on it and pick up black middleburn crank...and maybe try it with the EC90 fork.

Latest posts

Back