Pace RC100

Re:

Basic, used truing stand bought, scary “how to” YouTube videos watched - and the wheel is now significantly truer than it was :D A very satisfying process when it works!

I shall reassemble and set the brakes up, change the tyres around as the rear has got a sizeable split developing :( and take it for a spin :)

Got to get new bearings for the BB as it has plenty of slack, but that can wait a while :)

Re:

That’s looking good! One thing with the Pace over normal bikes is the use of the dishless rear wheel and asymmetric rear end This is something to watch when truing your wheel!

Re:

Time to replace the crown that has a had hole drilled through it :roll:
Replacement crown sourced, along with a pair of freshly serviced, useable RC35s with Magura mounts :cool:
Is the general consensus that an RC100 should have a black crown? I feel it should, as the current one is quite a glossy black, in which case I shall have to send it off for anodising. Crowns.jpg Crowns 1.jpg

Last edited:
Re:

Once A Hero":1blzbs8y said:
Replacement crown sourced, along with a pair of freshly serviced, useable RC35s with Magura mounts :cool:
Is the general consensus that an RC100 should have a black crown? I feel it should, as the current one is quite a glossy black, in which case I shall have to send it off for anodising.

Looking good! :cool: Grey was available too Pete.
I had the crown on mine anodised in Gunmetal. It's a pretty good match to the paint colour. The 1st attempt looked more like 'Hope Gunsmoke' so I stripped it and had it redone. There's pics in the build thread in my signature.
I also have the RC35's if I choose to swap out the rigids. To make the swap less hassle, I also have a crown on my RC35 legs. This one came from Steve Worland and is anodised black. That crown probably has a bit of providence on it's own.

Did you get the rear wheel trued? .... as pete_mcc mentioned, the Dishless rear wheel is another one of those quirky RC100 traits. Think the Bradbury Manitou does the same too?

Here's pics of a Grey/Gunmetal crown.

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Attachments

• RC100 MBI.JPG
    RC100 MBI.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 695
  • RC100 MBUK.JPG
    RC100 MBUK.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 694
Re: Re:

boy"O"boy":3uzrlv6w said:
Once A Hero":3uzrlv6w said:
Is the general consensus that an RC100 should have a black crown? I feel it should, as the current one is quite a glossy black, in which case I shall have to send it off for anodising.

Looking good! :cool: Grey was available too Pete.
I had the crown on mine anodised in Gunmetal. It's a pretty good match to the paint colour. The 1st attempt looked more like 'Hope Gunsmoke' so I stripped it and had it redone. There's pics in the build thread in my signature.
I also have the RC35's if I choose to swap out the rigids. To make the swap less hassle, I also have a crown on my RC35 legs. This one came from Steve Worland and is anodised black. That crown probably has a bit of providence on it's own.

Did you get the rear wheel trued? .... as pete_mcc mentioned, the Dishless rear wheel is another one of those quirky RC100 traits. Think the Bradbury Manitou does the same too?

Here's pics of a Grey/Gunmetal crown.

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Hadn't considered grey - but as the flouro on mine is very err, flouro, I think it will pop better against black :D
Yep I managed to true the wheel myself enough to make it rideable. I will take it to the shop to get done properly - and also because I can't get the cassette off as it's been put on so tight I bent my chain whip trying to remove it to clean it! :shock: :facepalm: So I'll let the shop have at it with their tools!

I did a thorough clean and degrease a few weekends back as the frame was caked in grime in all the nooks and crannies. Looks much better :cool: Just the cassette to clean now :roll:

Re:

Excellent service from Acorn Plating, I posted a silver crown to them on Monday, they received it Tuesday, and by Tuesday pm I’d received a picture of the anodised black finished product :shock: :D

Then popped in the post and back to me all within the working week, can’t say fairer than that! 00F369CE-7227-4AEB-90D9-9369AC553408.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back