pace rc100 finally finished.

reynolds stickers.

i have just bought some reynolds 531 stickers for the forks, but they have all terrain on them, but looking at dr s build, he has some 531 stickers but they have. design select on them. so does it really matter if they have all terrain or design select. as i want to keep it as original as possible.
on a positive note i got a nos suntour braze on front mech. off ebay.
next step getting it off to paint. just waiting on some decals.
but when i have it finally built i will have to use my wheels i have, they have mavic 817 rims, with a pace carbon front hub, and a hope ti glide rear hub. this will only be temporary until i can get something more original sourced.

I knew that seatpost would come out!! :D

Nice project, will look forward to updates on this one!

I'd like one of these one day...

Re: reynolds stickers.

videojetman":2wsxeuw6 said:
i have just bought some reynolds 531 stickers for the forks, but they have all terrain on them, but looking at dr s build, he has some 531 stickers but they have. design select on them. so does it really matter if they have all terrain or design select. as i want to keep it as original as possible.
on a positive note i got a nos suntour braze on front mech. off ebay.
next step getting it off to paint. just waiting on some decals.
but when i have it finally built i will have to use my wheels i have, they have mavic 817 rims, with a pace carbon front hub, and a hope ti glide rear hub. this will only be temporary until i can get something more original sourced.

Saw these too.... But at £18 for two sets to get the larger Reynolds sticker for both legs, I gave it a miss and got scanning from old mbuk's.
The auction was for one large (of your choice) and two smaller ones, although reading through some older mbuk's, one of the smaller ones would be suitable for the front of the stem.

The RC 30 legs on mine have been sandblasted to remove the powder coat, bulleyes and stem next!

Awaiting next instalment!
Cheers,
boy"O"boy

:D

what tyres ?

what tyres were originally on the pace ? i have been looking at the original advert and they look like panaracer tyres ? am i right. and does anyone know how easy or hard would it be get to get hold of these tyres?

ringo":1g9u34ph said:
I knew that seatpost would come out!! :D

Nice project, will look forward to updates on this one!

I'd like one of these one day...

When you're ready, give me a call, I've two left ;)

Original tyres in the first year of production were usually Specialized Ground Controls.

new tyres,

ok. i managed to get another panaracer dart for the pace build. as i am finding out these amberwall tyres are hard to find, but i now have a nos pair. i am in contact with the seller, and trying to find out if he has anymore amberwall tyres. if anyone is interesetd. pm me, and i will let you know how i get on with the seller.
i've just got an almost perfect xt short cage rear mech to go with the build, and a nos suntour front mech, i have found a powder coaters in manchester, who are very reasonable, i will be seeing them on thursday & hopefully they will have good matches for the paint. and the pace transfers are on the way. and the bottom bracket bearings arrived today.
selling my yeti frame has really helped with this build.
all coming together nicely. pics will be coming soon.

if anyone has a smoke tyre to trade for a dart i'd be happy to trade.
i'm still a bit of a novice with this retro restoration.

Back