Bottom bracket size for FSA powerpro cranks?

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Building up a bike using fsa powerpro cranks but I'm not sure what axle length I need on the BB.

I've searched a fair bit online, but FSA have done me no favours by having a bottom bracket range called powerpro, making it rather a challenge searching for powerpro bottom bracket size as all that come up are the bottom brackets. Tried other words like cranks etc but only found one reference to size, well what sizes didn't work for them so not a huge amount of help.

Anyone have any ideas or even know for sure.

Forged type, no CNC was involved in the set I have. Fortuitously to some degree I think the BB in the frame already is around the right size as arms seem to fit ok and rings are all within the reach of the front mech fitted. Sadly said BB is dry as a bone so I need a replacement.

Thanks, I'll try over the weekend to remove the BB fitted and see if I have an equivalent or if I need one. I'll be in touch either way.

frame matters too. I've got one a 113 and one on a 115 as the chain stay interacted with the large ring when used as a 1x.

Good point - Just measure the chainline - it should be 45-50mm to the middle chainring. if that's right and it clears the cahinstays, you have the right length BB.

So, the BB I believe needed on the cranks and frame is a 73x113. Sods law I only have 68x113 in the stash. The BB fitted had no play and spins smoothly but it's very dry so need a replacement. Nothing fancy, just a cheap one to get it ready to sell. Suggestions?

So, the BB I believe needed on the cranks and frame is a 73x113. Sods law I only have 68x113 in the stash. The BB fitted had no play and spins smoothly but it's very dry so need a replacement. Nothing fancy, just a cheap one to get it ready to sell. Suggestions?
strip the one you have and give it a clean up. nothing (even shimano cartridge BB's) is unstripable, the joys of a BB, they can't get away with silly plastic clips.

Back