Pace rc200 f2 'period correctish' restoration

That's the alternative longer length, so would get away.
That may put it on the 50mm chainline.
But D-3NL is the ideal length for M730 (SG).
Try what you have first
127.5 is great for some fancy cranks of that time iirc.

Non Drive crank is kaput according to our Head Mechanic (aka me Dad). She has always been hard on parts, but that's partly because she's so fast.

So XT 730 will hopefully survive!

She seems to think it came with BB. Was it wider to fit with something like the Bullseye cranks?

So we've sorted mechs from what we had.

Going to put some wanted adds up shortly because we're now after:
* Handlebars (and I've seen something in the for sale forum we're going to ask after) Think we're sorted here?
* 7 Speed block (is anyone likely to be selling these or should we just go new here?)
* Crankset- will and XT work with that bottom bracket (will ask after measurements)?
* Dia-compe 987 and SS-5 levers (she prefers these, having used both 'back in the day')
* Anodized chainring bolts and skewers (purple is a favorite, but other colours maybe considered?)!

Getting there! Thanks to @Tootyred for the first two and talking to other members about the brakes. Thread for Crankset about to go up shortly.

We need to replace the brakes boss screws since one on the rear is threaded and another isn't great, do we need m6 or m8, particularly if we're going to Dia Compe 987?

@raidan73 was asking what else we need, so thought I'd put a wants list in here

*Triple rings for 110bcd Suntour XC Cranks, Pref Pace or Blackspire and also anodized bolts. Intrested in Blackspire since she spent a lot of time in Canada and used their rings. But would consider other options? 11- 28 at the back, she's said she doesn't want to go bigger than a 24 for Granny ring and in fact would prefer smaller.

Also need appropriate nuts and spacers

* Chain- is it worth looking for an original hyperglide or will modern 7 speed chains work?

* Poss seatpost, can anyone tell us the diameter in case the current one is too much

Sram 8 speed will work fine..pick a plating option depending on how shiny you want it!

If you get stuck for decent rings try spa cycles they have lots of options for 110/74.....

St johns street cycles have all sizes of spacers and bolts. The inners will need to be their long inner option, if nobody on the forum has a spare set. Shimano xt m730 / deore mt60 bolts will fit.

I liked the PC PowerControl more as it was a proper two finger lever. The SS ShortStop (I think) was more a three/four finger.

Have a feeling the PC had a cam in too but not 100% sure
Hmm, I think you might be right about the cam.

Personally I like the 987 cantis with SS7 (or Ritchey Logic) levers. The SS5 seem a little too lightweight for me, I prefer the extra meat on the levers.

Definitely looking great so far. Tuning in for more :)

Back