pace rc100 finally finished.

just got these today, hopefully next week they will have finished the frame.
still on the lookout for cable guides, no replies adrian mole.
still on the lookout for some original magura mounts, no replies from jj wood.
does anyone know what chain would be best to use. ?
getting very close to completion.
i would only recommend restoring an rc100 if you have very deep pockets, thank goodness for overtime.

Attachments

• IMG_4540.JPG
    IMG_4540.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 992
just been doing an online trawl and found these, ok they are not the originals, but they will work just fine.
just need to find those magura mounts now.

Attachments

• cable guide.JPG
    cable guide.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 977
ok due to difficulty in getting cable guides, i have finally decided to use these, i know it is a compromise, i would have loved some originals, or reproductions, but needs must.

Attachments

• cable guide 2.JPG
    cable guide 2.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 933
They'll be nice and durable eh! You must absolutely be aching to get this one finished eh?

Cheers

Rich

ever since i bought this bike iv'e been aching to ride it, but it just had to be right to ride, i think all the time, money, effort will have been well worth it.
just wish those elusive magura mounts would appear from some where, looks like i'll have to adapt the brakes to fit the new mounts i got.
on a positive note, argos told me all being well the frame will be done next week, so i may have this bike done for christmas.
happy days. :D

feeling even better now, as i've sourced some repro bullseye decals from gil,
i've just won an auction for a black leather turbo saddle. all being well the frame will be ready by the end of the week. getting closer now.
anyone after a brand new unused black suede turbo saddle.

You don't need to adapt the brakes to work with the modern mounts. The only difference between the old mounts and the new ones are the large olives that allow the brake to be moved in 3 dimensions. That fits directly on the piston body and sits in the mount.

If I was you I would use them over the original as they are far superior-just spray them black and no one will ever know. Thats what I've done.

Back