Orange Prestige - Finished pics on page 7

Re:

Less is more, as they say.

I'll pop into Superdrug at lunch then. My missus reckons I'm worse than her when we go round the shops and look at nail varnish – I'm transfixed by all the colours and effects and start imagining them as paint schemes for a bike frame – is this wrong?

Re: Re:

groovyblueshed":3mcib53s said:
Less is more, as they say.

I'll pop into Superdrug at lunch then. My missus reckons I'm worse than her when we go round the shops and look at nail varnish – I'm transfixed by all the colours and effects and start imagining them as paint schemes for a bike frame – is this wrong?

NO :cool:

Re:

Cracking job, polished up nice

I decided to self strip my clockwork as the paint was shot..... keeps the budget down but hard work, I keep walking away :facepalm:

IMG_20170810_114417.jpg

Re: Re:

retrobikeguy":2xp4tk4q said:
Cracking job, polished up nice

I decided to self strip my clockwork as the paint was shot..... keeps the budget down but hard work, I keep walking away :facepalm:

IMG_20170810_114417.jpg

It has plenty of patina when you look properly but the idea is to keep it as original as possible. I recently bought a decal set for it but bought one with black lettering very stupidly :facepalm: when I get the correct Orange ones I reckon she's going to look great.

Are you spraying your frame yourself? Keep up the good work.

Re: Another new project - Orange Prestige

The Bontrager Ti saddle was looking a little sorry for itself, lots of wear to the perforated leather on the nose, corners and rear. Thankfully no rips.

Permanent black market followed by black shoe polish has given it some of its looks back :)

Now looking better :)

Re:

Nice work. I've seen people recommend equestrian saddle care products but those are too caustic or hardcore on vintage bike saddles.

Back