1991 Klein Pinnacle (finished on page 20)

Great pics, bike is looking ace in the sunlight 😎. Nice to see you’re still getting out for a ride, snow and ice here so my bikes are laid up 😔.
Thanks John! We are being treated to few nice sunny days but sounds like it may be a white Christmas ❄️

Bit of an update, the Vittoria Spinx NOS tires arrived and were fitted. I love 'em! Really nice look, a bit darker side walls and the odd sidewall colour dark spot I'm sure from being folded and stored 25 or so years. A bit lighter weight too, brought total weight down to 22lbs even 😁

Officially done 😎 (except for one rim decal...)
View attachment 677832
View attachment 677833
View attachment 677834
View attachment 677835
View attachment 677836
Great work. Love it!

The colour really pops. What an amazing before and after.

Goodness that really does remind me of the green Pinnacle which I built up in '91 (it had chrome Spinner forks from Klein) - I used the Mavic Dakar groupset and Campag (and ProCircuit forks) BUT there was a problem of having chosen a frame which actually was too small for me - and I could only get the right stance by having the saddle waaay back and a mahoosive stem on it. Dreadful for climbing. It was, however, pefect for my wife. So I would appear on the trail on a low end Marin while she cruised along on the Klein. Excellent.

I found it incredibly responsive, jumping along like a gazelle on amphetamine, but also a bike which beat me up when running fast on the rutted flintiness of the South Downs. When she died (cancer at the age of 30) I couldn't look at the bike anymore and it went to Magic Bikes of the East End of London....and then somewhere....no idea where.....

@2manyoranges Thanks for sharing your story, very sorry to hear of your loss. It’s great to hear the two of you enjoyed the trail together. I’m lucky if I get my better half out more than once a year but it’s always great when she comes along, my 90’ Bianchi Sika is the bike she likes best to ride

Back