Orange Prestige - Finished pics on page 7

Re: Re:

kermitgreenkona88":2h9bpule said:
I think the stem is a Specialized team stem (Nitto?)

Think you may be right. I had a nice one of these but sold it :facepalm:
I think I will be able to improve on the appearance of the one on the bike though.

Re:

Great project. :cool:

Of the few builds I still want to do a black Prestige with classic wide spaced decals is on the list.

Re: Another new project - Orange Prestige

Well I'm feeling a lot better so some progress has been made :)

Bike stripped and horrible black paint removed from the purple bits:

Re:

I like these early 90s Oranges. Purple anodising normally indicates 1991/92 as it went out of fashion very quickly afterwards.

Re:

mmm, purple-icious! It was of an era. That nail polish remover is useful stuff – I'll probably get into trouble at home when I'm caught using it...

groovyblueshed":1wnh01pc said:
mmm, purple-icious! It was of an era. That nail polish remover is useful stuff – I'll probably get into trouble at home when I'm caught using it...

Yep nail polish remover is great stuff! And clear nail polish for protecting frames can be equally useful. Really looking forward to this being given a lot tlc and seeing the end result. Always been an admirer of a black prestige. Am personally not a big fan of a lot purple bling, a little i quite like...depends on the bike as well, ie a yeti or a fat its looks great on IMO.. :)

rogerzilla":3karti7u said:
I like these early 90s Oranges. Purple anodising normally indicates 1991/92 as it went out of fashion very quickly afterwards.

This is why my mate painted the bits black, very badly :facepalm:

groovyblueshed":thofozi7 said:

The Mrs uses the non acetone stuff, doesn't work nearly as well so I can to buy my own. Felt a bit odd but hey it worked perfectly :LOL:

Cheshire1980":2ev9yy9a said:
groovyblueshed":2ev9yy9a said:

Yep nail polish remover is great stuff! And clear nail polish for protecting frames can be equally useful. Really looking forward to this being given a lot tlc and seeing the end result. Always been an admirer of a black prestige. Am personally not a big fan of a lot purple bling, a little i quite like...depends on the bike as well, ie a yeti or a fat its looks great on IMO.. :)

Too much bling isn't my thing either but I'd like to get it back to how my mate had it for him :)

Already have my own purple ano bike, hopefully just the right amount.

Back