Not a '70's Moser, But Now a Dead One

Re: Not a '70's Moser

Just out of curiosity where did you get them? I'm always on the lookout for clinchers that look like tubs, and they look pretty "tub like" to me :D

Shaun

Re:

„Had a hard time deciding on tyres.“

Me too. But went the other way round and ordered the veloflex 25 for my De Rosa. So in case we are both not pleased, we could do a swap. :LOL:

I also fancied the challenge but found them a little too exquisite for my purpose. In some pics the clements look really, really fat. What scared me a little. But I also saw one where calipers showed a diameter of 26.5. They are nice, indeed. Curious how they will look on your bike. :cool:

Too many stories of punctures and blowouts on the Challenges put me off. Veloflex have that classic look but not sure they're L'Eroica friendly.

The others that I liked the sound and look of were the Grand Bois Cerf Green 28mm (the blue is 26mm). They're made by Panasonic, but not easy to get over here and the Extra Leger version was something silly like £60 each.

Edit: These do the standards for £40 and the Extra Leger for £50, still pretty steep.
http://www.velovitality.co.uk/collectio ... -and-tubes

28's do look pretty big, but you get so used to seeing 23's, will have to see.

One of the tyres just arrived. Had an email last night saying they've only one in stock (of that size I assume) and the other will be along sometime. Good job I'm not in too much of a rush for them. Better looking on their ebay listings, user name probikekit_outlet, as they show how many they are actually holding even if you end up ordering though the shop.

It looks fine, like their pics so no point showing an unmounted one. I did measure it flattened though. Marked 28c and the black tread section is 26mm, the complete carcass 65mm, give or take.

We're going to try something to sort out the top tube "paint", will have to see how it turns out. We have a backup plan and then there's the option of sending it off too.

Re:

I've did some filing the other day to get the brazing flush with the tube and in the process found out why it's there. The top tube cracked, looks like all around. Not sure but think it might have been dented (the larger remaining piece of brazing) and that caused it.

Anyway we were thinking about what to do, risk riding it or get it replaced and repainted when I had an offer of a new Cinelli Supercorsa in laser blue for a good price, so will use the Moser as a cheap donor bike. Will sell the frame sometime for whatever I can get for it. The Cinelli's not old but they're fairly timeless and look really nice!

Attachments

• crack-f.jpg
    crack-f.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 545
So it's confirmed it's not safe?

Real shame as this is a very nice Cromovelato with the "Testa Piatta" fork crown!

No it hasn't been but the Cinelli frame was so cheap it made sense to get it. Having said that I've not seen anyone say that a braze has enough strength to hold a crack together, unless it's a nice chunk like you'd get at a tube joint. Extremely unlikely the whole front would just drop off though.

Even bought some metallic vinyl wrap that was a close match and only a few pounds rather than a few hundred for a rechrome and paint.

Back