Muddy Fox Rock'n'roll pro project

It certainly looks very similar, except the bianchi appears to be aluminium with a steel rear triangle. Apart from the welds being a bit under filled, it’s not a bad frame. Looking forward to getting it finished. I’m away from my workshop this week unfortunately, but I’ve got some paint stripper from Screwfix this morning, so hopefully we’re a step closer to getting it finished up.

How much does the seat stay on that actually flex on this frame? i am Trying to visualize it, but if there is a pivot near the bb and a pivot at the rocker, then there doesn't seem like there would be that much. Or is there no pivot near the bb?

There is a pivot near the bottom bracket, yes. On similar designs like the swarf 155 there is about 6mm of vertical deflection on the seatstays.

I’m not sure how much deflection is in the project 12 vertigo, a similar design of frame.

A slight hiatus away from the workshop, putting the roof back on my wife’s house (after the storm) … but we should be in a position to get this painted next week. I’ve got a pair of 26” disc wheels off Facebook, so that completes the parts haul. Just need a seat post and some grips, oh and tyres…

I’ve got the choice of a coil or an air shock. Will see how badly it behaves with those 😂

The frame has been at the paint shop for so long, I forgot what it looked like so thought I’d pop back here to remind myself 😂

Update: Frame back from the paint shop, started assembling it all - now waiting for parts (shock pivot bolts) to come from AliExpress.... So close, yet, so far...

Ordered the wrong sized headset, and the wrong size rear rotor (hope a 140 will clear the chainstay)…. Small shopping list for the lbs tomorrow morning. Need some grips, some tyre sealant and some chainring fasteners too. Might get it rolling this weekend if I bodge some m8 bolts into the pivot.

image.jpg

Yes, that’s a tsdz2 with the latest open source firmware. Haters gonna hate but I get more fun out of my bikes when they have motors in.

Back