y2k - 2, 3 triangles, 3Al / 2.5 V

Can’t wait to see this progress. Such a lovely frame; the triple triangle is really effective on these, both aesthetically and practically.
I’m in the process of building one as well. It’s been waiting nearly 7 years for me to recover from illness enough to be able to ride it when completed.

Regarding tyres, I’ve currently some 26mm Grand Bois Cerfs fitted and clearance is tight…

ya I spend too much time looking at catalogs =P

Thanks for the fork insight. The SC was the straight blade ya? Any idea of rake?
No info on rake in the 1996 retailer guide
o0 any other good stuff in that '96 guide? I've not found any scans of it.

but does look like the 60cm was longer then than in 1998!
the snip in my post prior to yours is ~95! so 94/95 TT were 5mm shorter than the years that came after.

Can’t wait to see this progress. Such a lovely frame; the triple triangle is really effective on these, both aesthetically and practically.
I’m in the process of building one as well. It’s been waiting nearly 7 years for me to recover from illness enough to be able to ride it when completed.

Regarding tyres, I’ve currently some 26mm Grand Bois Cerfs fitted and clearance is tight…
I'm eager to build it but I'll be reaching for some nice stuff so it will take me time.

7 years is some time! Hope you're well. Do you have a thread for your build?

Looking forward to your build! It certainly is worthy of nice parts and the patience required to find them.

No build thread for mine yet, though intend to take some snaps when it’s up and running.
At the mo’ it’s adorned with some silly exotic bits (Passoni Ti bar/stem combo, Le Creme Ti crankset and super-rare FiR Gemini mech’s) - a shameless indulgence whilst I’ve been unable to ride. But it’s soon to be fitted for action with mid 90s Record 8 sp.

This thread is very inspiring …great to see the photos of Gragus, Reiss and the USPS team too!

Last edited:
No build thread for mine yet, though intend to take some snaps when it’s up and running.
At the mo’ it’s adorned with some silly exotic bits (Passoni Ti bar/stem combo, Le Creme Ti crankset and super-rare FiR Gemini mech’s) - a shameless indulgence whilst I’ve been unable to ride. But it’s soon to be fitted for action with mid 90s Record 8 sp.

No excuses, we need to see that! I only know of that crankset, had to google the other bits. FiR stuff look beautiful.

Mine will be a different kind of nice, going for modern bits mostly and I think I can hit ~7kg.

This doesn't help me visualize much but I had to see it rolling.

edge_ti_mocking-1.jpg

edge_ti_mocking-2.jpg

edge_ti_mocking-3.jpg

edge_ti_mocking-4.jpg

I went ahead with the Easton fork, it's a reputable make, seems well regarded and I much prefer the UD(?) finish rather than the 3k on the Forte given the rest of what I have in mind. It's also the lightest of the bunch at 321 grams on my scale, yet feels more solid in hand than the Forte, and there is some steerer to be trimmed yet.

I have had this stem in mind for a while too. All of the newer offerings are 1 1/8" and chunky which match great with all the carbon/aluminum bikes today. This one is 1 1/8" but circa `03 I think and the proportions are right to my eye. Also it's fairly light at 117g and the material mix is cool, magnesium, with a carbon faceplate and Ti bolts. This one is NOS which is a good thing because I've read people crack the faceplate fairly easily and strip the bolt holes but I'd wager they weren't using a torque wrench... we'll see if it lasts.

Headset is a no logo CK that I've had on hand though the top bits I have are a 2 nut, need to get a bearing cap to run it threadless.

Wheels are placeholders.

Any tips for polishing the Ti?

Last edited:
looking like this right now.

98edge_ti_mocking.jpeg

Found a super nice wheelset - Chris King r45laced with bladed spokes to Boyd Altamont Ceramic hoops, 20/20
and also a Chorus/Record 11 speed groupo

ordered some stuff from the LBS so hopefully building soon.

black and dark grey components with titanium always works.

No flash, but people who know, know. Might be the stealthiest way to ride a high end bike.

Looks great. Good choice of wheels!
cheers! They're very nice wheels, can't wait to ride them.
black and dark grey components with titanium always works.
I agree. there will be little hits of red/white/yellow as you can see and lots of text... to me it's shaping up to be a bit flashier than I initially intended but the finished build, in my head, is looking great =]

Very nice. Yes.
Except for that stem.
How long is it? 110mm?
It doesn't belong on there!
It belongs with me!!🤩
(if you ever decide to sell, let me know, been looking for one of them🤪)

Very nice. Yes.
Except for that stem.
How long is it? 110mm?
It doesn't belong on there!
It belongs with me!!🤩
(if you ever decide to sell, let me know, been looking for one of them🤪)
It's 100mm, I'm afraid it's useless to you! PM though ;D Deda_MAG00-1-2.jpg

Last edited:
Back