Mongoose Amplifier / AMP B2 1993 (??) - update 19-04-2011

Lovely bike, I've been building an amplifier for ages now, and mine is nearly finished, just a couple of little things to do now:

1. Work out what is missing from the way I have mounted the shock to the frame. I was sure I put it back exactly as it came off, but the amount of play in between the shock mount allows the unit to rattle.

2. Find the correct Allen key or replacement bolts for the two little bolts that the rear end is mounted to around the bb area.

If you decide that you dont like your rear shock, I've got a black risse version that I'd swap. I don't recall mine having the dial above the air valve though, a simple affair all round, but if you don't like the red, I don't mind it so would happily swap.

Ian

ishaw":277tro3y said:
Lovely bike, I've been building an amplifier for ages now, and mine is nearly finished, just a couple of little things to do now:

1. Work out what is missing from the way I have mounted the shock to the frame. I was sure I put it back exactly as it came off, but the amount of play in between the shock mount allows the unit to rattle.

2. Find the correct Allen key or replacement bolts for the two little bolts that the rear end is mounted to around the bb area.

Ian

you should be able to find all the info you need to answer your questions at ...

http://www.amp-research.com/company/his ... ain-bikes/

if not a quick email or call them will sort you out as they are very helpful :)

...small update after a forest ride with the 'new' shock.. It realy is far better than the original when it comes to damping.. much more stable when putting power to the pedals...

Attachments

• Img_4654.jpg
    Img_4654.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 1,586
Back