Mongoose Amplifier / AMP B2 1993 (??) - update 19-04-2011

Control Tech seems the component of choice on Amplifier/B2. Maybe a matching CT stem and CT handlebar? Plus they fit your earlier requirement of US company.

awesome! I am the original owner of a black/silver amplifier that I am getting back into riding shape now as well.

what seatpost did you use? Is it shimmed? I forget what the diameter on mine is, but I have had a tough time finding anything for it...

keep up the good work

oldGoose":289x19yf said:
awesome! I am the original owner of a black/silver amplifier that I am getting back into riding shape now as well.

what seatpost did you use? Is it shimmed? I forget what the diameter on mine is, but I have had a tough time finding anything for it...

keep up the good work

31.6mm is the size you need for the seatpost.

Thanks on the comment fellow RB'ers !!

oldGoose":12jn8h8h said:
...what seatpost did you use? Is it shimmed? I forget what the diameter on mine is...

Yep it's a 31.6 and a Ringlé Moby in this case. They are not that hard to find if you realy look for one. I bought it NOS at 50 GBP..

Yesterday the rear mech came in. A hardly used M900. And a Control Tech stem I found on the Bay for $8 is on its way now...

The CT stem is supposed to be a 'for the time being' thing. I'm still looking for that Ringlé Zooka 0°x1 1/8"x135 stem :?

I'm a bit confused about the BB lenght. I prefer the smallest possible Q-factor for my cranks and now it looks I can use a 103mm spindle. The only top end Shimano option (1993 stuff) seems to be a Dura Ace with that length.
I never used Shimano before, so... Was there an other 103mm option in those years (1992/1993) ?

..and now I have to get back to some sites to find the final stuff...
XTR M900 cassette 12-28
XTR brake & shift hoses
8 speed chain
Chris King headset (non logo ?)
silver QR's

I want to ride it !! My head says 'do it', my wallet says 'take an other month to finish it'... What to do now ? :?

Here is a pic together with my Ibis '01 just after it's maiden ride with me...

Some things are gonna chance in the near future and I'll post some pics of the details soon..

It's a bit flexy on the road, but in the dirt this isn't a problem I know now

Attachments

• AMP + Ibis 2.JPG
    AMP + Ibis 2.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 8,946
i like what you've done, the silver ringle kit is good. i'd be tempted to put the white tyres and a white saddle on that! ;)

...latest pics with a few detail pics...

Attachments

• AMP B2  (2).JPG
    AMP B2 (2).JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 5,849
  • drive train.JPG
    drive train.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 5,848
  • front hub.jpg
    front hub.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 5,849
  • AMP B2  (1).JPG
    AMP B2 (1).JPG
    47 KB · Views: 5,849
Thats looking stunning :D some outdoor pics please!

Here are some pics of the meeting we had last year...

Not realy action pics, but it rather difficult cycling while making a picture of it..

Attachments

• AMP + Ibis 2.JPG
    AMP + Ibis 2.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 5,520
  • my AMP B2.JPG
    my AMP B2.JPG
    210.5 KB · Views: 5,520
Back