in the wild (1).jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 5,466
  • in the wild (2).jpg
    in the wild (2).jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 5,467
  • in the wild (3).jpg
    in the wild (3).jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 5,463
It weighs about 10.8kg (or 23.8lbs) on my personel scale..

Here are the spec's as it is now:

Frame: Mongoose/AMP B2
Fork: AMP F2
Headset: Chris King ahaed 1 1/8”
Stem: Ringlé 135 x 0°
Handlebar: Answer Hyperlite
Grips: ODI mushroom
Brakes: XTR M900 with original brake pads
Brake booster: Curve
Brake/shift Levers: XTR M900
Front Derailleur: XTR M901
Rear Derailleur: XTR M900
Derailleur/brake lines: Jagwire L3 in chrome to match (I know it’s not vintage, but it also has to work nicely)
Cassette: XTR M950 11-30 (still didn't find a first gen M900)
Chain: shimano HG91
Cranks: XTR M900
Chainrings: XTR M900 except the large one (maybe XT ??)
Bottom Bracket: UN91 68x107 (still have to find a ti 105-107)
Pedals: Onza HO Ti
Hub Skewers: Ringlé CamTwist
Hubs: White Industries
Rims: Matrix Voodoo 32h
Spokes: Wheelsmith 2.0 - 1.5
Tubes: Air B
Tyres: Ritchey Z-max WCS 1.9
Saddle: Flite Ti
Seatpost: Ringlé Moby
Bottle Cage: Specialized (have to find a nice Ringlé H2O)

Next thing I'm up to is replacing all the standard bolts for aluminium ones and a few titanium (where needed) to drop the weight about 100-150gr...
And maybe respoke the wheels to some Matrix Mt. Aero (light, but tricky with brake pads) to get it even more 1992 and shave of some extra gramms...
Don't know yet if I really want to get lightweight, but as I'm writing this, I think it shouldn't be any problem to hit the 23 or even lower with period correct retroparts...

...but for now... it's a rider... :cool:

mvd1974":1k296379 said:
..Don't know yet if I really want to get lightweight, but as I'm writing this, I think it shouldn't be any problem to hit the 23 or even lower with period correct retroparts...

...but for now... it's a rider... :cool:

I like your thinking :cool: Too light and you won't throw it in to that corner as hard maybe.. :twisted:

Check out Mr Zero's AMPs on here; he's got some of his crazy light..

Just noticed the rear brake brace on it. Any worries or issue about it contacting the seat tube?

Awesome hope you win Botm mate Cool

Thanks for that one... I came in fourth... and am quit happy with that... :D

I wished my Ibis was complete, but some things take ages.... or maybe.... I wished the podium was just a little bit bigger for BotM...

....anyhow... it's a nice ride !!!

RockiMtn":qd2dvlmi said:
Just noticed the rear brake brace on it. Any worries or issue about it contacting the seat tube?

Not a problem. The space between the brake booster and the frame is more than the damper can handle, so nothing to worry..

I mounted it because I don't have a TWP brace for the frame. This keeps the flex acceptable..... and brake boosters were the things to have in the early 90's.. ;)

mvd1974":5uck99ge said:
I don't have a TWP brace for the frame. This keeps the flex acceptable..... and brake boosters were the things to have in the early 90's.. ;)

If you want a brace, stick a post in the wanted section. I know that someone on here has one (he had 2 and I bought one from him!) - I can't remember his name though and I've deleted his message :oops:

If I remember his name, I'll send you a pm.

I think the brace would look more 'correct' than the brake booster does ;)

Back