*maybe not a Raleigh Dynatech Odyssey

It’d be good to see it back on the road. I may have the original grips somewhere and probably other bits. I’ll send them over when I have a dig around.
That would be amazing! I’ve just found the right hubs on here this evening and I think I’ve got the right rims somewhere in the garage so a wheel build is coming up. I was going to try and be sensible and compromise on some stuff but am going down that slippery slope of trying to make it catalogue spec.

So I managed to get out on my modern bike for my first proper ride for ages. During a cake stop I had the thought that I might like a bike I wasn’t so bothered about that I’d be happy to leave unattended for a short while etc.

So I decided to resurrect this one, giving myself the rule that I can’t buy a single part and have to use whatever I can put together my boxes of stuff. Mostly m750/m760, a happy coincidence of stuff that has piled up over time from bikes I’ve stripped.

I wasn’t happy with the original forks on this bike nor the wibbly wobbly feeling of the Flexstem. I had a set of straight leg forks, they are Spinner branded and had large rack/mudguard mounts, looked a bit wanky so have ground those off, rubbed the forks down and given them a few coats of satin black. Seem to suit this bike ok. Much closer in looks to the ones on the Mission and Odyssey.

Will get around to cables, new brake blocks and set up later this week. Haven’t cleaned a single part for a change though knowing me will probably strip and clean it again in the future.

9AB600BF-094E-48AD-A38B-D5A119561C1E.jpeg

Back