1993? Univega Alpina Pro

yes, I would guess so.
I have uploaded a newer picture for the 1991 brochure info on the Alpina Pro.
Just, the alternative color variant "silver cloud" wasn't shown in the 1992 brochure and the sample in the right lower corner is not very meaningful. So it's hard to tell.

Unfortunately no one seem to have an 1991 catalog. The way i have understood this, the introduction of the curved chain stays happened in 1991. However, I'm not sure if this happened for the 1991 season, or while 1991. If the latter, that the bikes in the 92 brochures should be first ones to have "max mudroom design".

@STX-RC nice Univega in Classifieds in Alzenau ;), go for it.
Thanks, just picked up a perfect Cpxc 05, and a Koga is on it's way... but will check it... i hope it's not my size 🤣

yes, I would guess so.
I have uploaded a newer picture for the 1991 brochure info on the Alpina Pro.
Just, the alternative color variant "silver cloud" wasn't shown in the 1992 brochure and the sample in the right lower corner is not very meaningful. So it's hard to tell.

Unfortunately no one seem to have an 1991 catalog. The way i have understood this, the introduction of the curved chain stays happened in 1991. However, I'm not sure if this happened for the 1991 season, or while 1991. If the latter, that the bikes in the 92 brochures should be first ones to have "max mudroom design".

@STX-RC nice Univega in Classifieds in Alzenau ;), go for it.
It is that one actually. Nice, but i'm after another model. 507 in green, "20 or "21 size wise. Saw one two weeks ago at a flea market, but it was too small...

Last edited:
but i'm after another model. 507 in green
same here,
I wouldn't say NO to a later Alpina with some of the few very nice paint jobs,

purple or purple-blue-fade
like this 501
Univega 501 lila.jpg
or the gorgeous 507 here

or brown or is it wine red like this 502
Univega Alpina 502 EbayKA3.JPG

and yes, there are adorable green ones too
mostly 507, which do have (depending on model year) a Formula 696 tube set
univega alpina 507 grün.jpg

One more, all time favorite Univega
and Active 700C with the black-chrome finish
Univega hybrid.jpg

Sorry for the off-topic post here, we have been just talking about nice Univegas ;)

same here,
I wouldn't say NO to a later Alpina with some of the few very nice paint jobs,

purple or purple-blue-fade
like this 501
View attachment 790087
or the gorgeous 507 here

or brown or is it wine red like this 502
View attachment 790085

and yes, there are adorable green ones too
mostly 507, which do have (depending on model year) a Formula 696 tube set
View attachment 790088

One more, all time favorite Univega
and Active 700C with the black-chrome finish
View attachment 790089

Sorry for the off-topic post here, we have been just talking about nice Univegas ;)
Yes, the green one with the 969 tubing i'm after. There is a nice purple Active for sale here atm, and some other nice examples too... there was also for sale a 700c model with "female" geo.

Back