Raleigh Dyna-Tech Pro

Specification;

Frame: 45cm ish (centre of bb to top of seat clamp) (17” ish) Raleigh Reynolds 2070 Performance Enhanced Butted Tubeset

Fork: Reynolds ‘Mang-Moly’ Taper Gauge Straight Blades

Headset: Tioga Avenger ‘Oversize’
Stem: HL
Stem Cap: HL
Handlebar: Answer Taperlite
Grips: Ritchey WCS
Barends: N/A

Brakes:
- Front = Suntour XC Pro
- Rear = Suntour XC SE
Brake Pads:
- Front = Madison
- Rear = Suntour
Brake Cables: Generic
Cantilever cable hangers: Suntour
Brake Levers: Suntour XC Pro

Shifters: Suntour XC Pro
Front Derailleur: Suntour XC Pro, 28.6dia, bottom pull
Rear Derailleur: Suntour XC Pro
Derailleur Cables: Generic
Cassette: Suntour XC Pro 12-26t
Chain: Sachs Sedis
Cranks: Suntour XC Pro, 175mm
Crank Bolts: Suntour XC Pro Grease Guard
Chainrings: Suntour Powering Accushift Plus 46/36/26
Chainring bolts: Suntour
Bottom Bracket: Suntour XC Pro Grease Guard, 68 x 125
Pedals: Suntour XC Pro Grease Guard

Rims: Mavic M231, 32H
Hubs: Suntour XC Pro Grease Guard, 32H
Hub Skewers: Suntour XC Pro
Nipples: Wheelsmith
Spokes: Wheelsmith Double Butted
Tyres: Ritchey Megabite Z-Max WCS 2.1
Tubes: Rubber

Saddle: Flite Titanium (1992)
Seatpost: Suntour XC Pro
Seatpost Binder: Kalloy

Weight: kg / lbs

Love this. Such a nice looking bike. I had one myself but had to let it go

Really enjoyed putting this one together, I think it looks better in the metal than pictures - largely down to my photographic abilities!

Couple of points I’m not happy with or would like to correct;
- stem; I’d like to find one more in keeping with the OEM, with the internal cable routing
- bars; currently wearing a set of very narrow, badly cut Taperlites
- saddle; it’s a ‘92 Flite. I have nothing earlier than that in my spares.
- seatpost; I think it’s supposed to take a 27mm, but I’ve struggled to get a 26.8mm too far in without unnecessary twisting

I’ll write the full spec up shortly 🙂
It's come together nicely Pete. Been watching your progress on this but hadn't got round to replying 🤦

The team colours look ace - nice that it's all original patina. Does the number on the fork mean anything?

Love an XC pro build - classy group set. I've got to get my Off-road Serotta Pro-flex on the go again....I've finally scored the missing XC pro parts that I've decided to go with on this build.

Saddle wise.....what about a Vetta Lite, or a Selle Italia turbo? .....or a San Marco?
The Endeavour came with a Campagnolo Electra that completed the group set....got them on mine but they are crazy money £££

Interesting that the seat post is 26.8mm.
Both my Endeavours (same frame) are 27.0mm. Maybe it's the integral clamp that's been tightened a bit far previously that's holding back the 0.2mm?

The only thing that's bugging me (or my OCD!) Is that the rear wheel has been built with the Mavic sticker the wrong way round. Easy to change on the front....just turn the wheel the other way round.... Harder to correct on the rear.

.....but a lovely build. Nicely done and well thought out. A winner 🏆 for the Dynatech fan! 😎😎

Cheers
boy"O"boy

@boy"O"boy

Does the number on the fork mean anything?
Hoped you or other DT experts might be able to shed some light on that, I'm guessing nothing more than just a batch number?🤔
I was curious to see what the paint underneath was like - in case it was simply an Endeavour over sprayed in the blue and yellow, but it appears to have the grey primer beneath so it looks like a 'proper' paint job.
Has a bit of cable rub on the blue lugs which is revealing the yellow of the main tubes beneath so it appears they did grey then yellow (without masking) then the blue.

Saddle wise.....what about a Vetta Lite, or a Selle Italia turbo? .....or a San Marco?
I need to look for a Turbo for my Ultimate, but a San Marco is a good shout - I'll keep an eye open for one 👍

Interesting that the seat post is 26.8mm.
Both my Endeavours (same frame) are 27.0mm. Maybe it's the integral clamp that's been tightened a bit far previously that's holding back the 0.2mm?

It came with a 27mm Zoom post but it was a very tight fit, down to being gummed up/corroded I thought. I only had a 26.8 XC post to hand, which I thought after a thorough clean of the seat tube would fit in easily - but it didn't. However I've not done it up tight as a don't want to encourage the seat clamp to get used to a 26.8. I now have a 27mm XC post, so I shall be fitting that.

The only thing that's bugging me (or my OCD!) Is that the rear wheel has been built with the Mavic sticker the wrong way round. Easy to change on the front....just turn the wheel the other way round.... Harder to correct on the rear.
I hadn't noticed! I'll turn the front around! :LOL:

Back