Lotus Sport Campagnolo (finished pg24) & XTR (finished pg29)

Re: Look for one Lotus Sport and two come along!

Now the pink machine is finished, I can get on with our slightly classier build… namely the pair of Loti… I’m going to switch focus onto the XTR machine, so it catches up. ;)

Quick photo of the shiny canti hangers just to tickle RetroSpud….. :D

The quick witted and eagle eyed might have seen I have a full Eulcid U-brake set with levers and thumbies up for sale? And you may even wonder why I’ve flogged them off?
Cast your eyes over the canti stud photo above and you may see the problem….. :facepalm: :oops: :cry:

Attachments

• IMG_2742.JPG
    IMG_2742.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_2851.jpg
    IMG_2851.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 233
  • SpudTease.JPG
    SpudTease.JPG
    218.2 KB · Views: 233
Re:

Wow, they look awesome..destined for the Campag Lotus I assume?
(Just reread this...Of course it's for the Campy Lotus :facepalm: but just had to check!)

Re: Re:

yakboy":258x5i2s said:
Wow, they look awesome..destined for the Campag Lotus I assume?
(Just reread this...Of course it's for the Campy Lotus :facepalm: but just had to check!)

Silly.... :roll: read it again....... they were for the Lotus, they have just been sold and are on their way back to Italy......

To fund these... :cool:

Attachments

• Campy8speed.jpg
    Campy8speed.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 214
  • CampyCanti.jpg
    CampyCanti.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 214

Ah, even more awesome...must learn to concentrate more when looking at the internet at work!

yakboy":tsvxk3my said:
Ah, even more awesome...must learn to concentrate more when looking at the internet at work!

:D yes......

I originally bought an almost full Euclid group set and embarrassingly didn’t pay attention to the brakes!
It literally wasn’t until I unwrapped them the other night that I even realised that they were U-brakes and obviously impossible to mount on this frame.. :shock: :oops: :facepalm:

But the silver lining is we now have something more appropriate for a mid-nineties build and half the size, a third of the weight and more in line with the style I think.

Peachy!":39ga364x said:
Quick photo of the shiny canti hangers just to tickle RetroSpud….. :D

Gotta love a shine ! I can almost smell that poncy Lavender infused metal polish :LOL:

Can’t believe you bought some bullet shifters, had I known I’d have sold you my boxed NOS ones that I bought in a moment of madness years ago

Retro Spud":1v5flbgr said:
Can’t believe you bought some bullet shifters, had I known I’d have sold you my boxed NOS ones that I bought in a moment of madness years ago

Doh! :facepalm:

Peachy!":2syshqrs said:
Retro Spud":2syshqrs said:

Doh! :facepalm:

Like the inch and a Quarter XTR headset that I have

Anyway glad to see this brace getting some attention

As I had to weigh the old Euclid U-brakes, thumbies and monster levers for their trip back to mama Italy, I though I’d weigh in the newer 90’s levers and bullet shifters...
there was a loss of course, but I was expecting them to come under half the weight of the older kit, the levers definitely did and the canti’s were a third of the U-brakes. But those Bullet shifters :shock: much much heavier than a gripshift.....

Attachments

• 5D0E116A-EEA8-4CFF-B94E-E264CD00BFEC.jpeg
    5D0E116A-EEA8-4CFF-B94E-E264CD00BFEC.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 144
  • 40B1D841-9186-4CA1-9DF6-18C8DF4EA37E.jpeg
    40B1D841-9186-4CA1-9DF6-18C8DF4EA37E.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 143
Back