Lotus Sport Campagnolo (finished pg24) & XTR (finished pg29)

Re:

Looking awesome. I was sceptical about the green headbadge on the red bike but it goes nicely :D

Re: Re:

yakboy":1mnxcqu6 said:
Looking awesome. I was sceptical about the green headbadge on the red bike but it goes nicely :D

I did try two different gold head badges, but they just didn’t work, then whilst searching for inspiration I realised that all the Gold Leaf cars, road & track, had the original badge.....

Attachments

• 6ABDC3FD-ADE8-4498-8D97-34A08C438405.jpeg
    6ABDC3FD-ADE8-4498-8D97-34A08C438405.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 354
Re: Look for one Lotus Sport and two come along!

Unashamed bump of the pictures onto this page; ;)

Attachments

• Lotus Sport (6).jpeg
    Lotus Sport (6).jpeg
    195.3 KB · Views: 337
  • Lotus Sport (5).jpeg
    Lotus Sport (5).jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 337
  • Lotus Sport (1).jpeg
    Lotus Sport (1).jpeg
    197.6 KB · Views: 337
  • Lotus Sport (3).jpeg
    Lotus Sport (3).jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 337
  • Lotus Sport (2).jpeg
    Lotus Sport (2).jpeg
    127.4 KB · Views: 337
  • Lotus Sport (4).jpeg
    Lotus Sport (4).jpeg
    123.7 KB · Views: 337

The History Man":1e42ya0q said:
Get on with it man.

To appease the impatient one.... I fitted the 1:95 Dusters and the Miche 8 speed....

Attachments

• 5E877ACB-1151-4EC7-BBB4-D1BA310A7EA9.jpeg
    5E877ACB-1151-4EC7-BBB4-D1BA310A7EA9.jpeg
    212.4 KB · Views: 319

unkleGsif":2uz086ky said:
AB-SO-F**KIN-LUTELY MARVELOUS :D :D :cool: :cool:
Ta... :D

THM.... take note, positive affirmation or the spreading of good will, all helps with ones general well being and Bonhomme... :cool:

PeachyPM":2ibl9ao1 said:
unkleGsif":2ibl9ao1 said:
AB-SO-F**KIN-LUTELY MARVELOUS :D :D :cool: :cool:
Ta... :D

THM.... take note, positive affirmation or the spreading of good will, all helps with ones general well being and Bonhomme... :cool:

Yeah THM

When he fits the canti studs or hangs a chain on it you’d better be ready and prepared to breakout your unreserved adulation and shower him with flowers - boxes of chocolates along with supplying a well washed nymph to wipe his sweaty brow,

Mind you, we’ll both be out actually riding our bikes at the weekend soiree in Swindon .....and too busy to care !

Retro Spud":2z4wc1rf said:
PeachyPM":2z4wc1rf said:

Yeah THM

When he fits the canti studs or hangs a chain on it you’d better be ready and prepared to breakout your unreserved adulation and shower him with flowers - boxes of chocolates along with supplying a well washed nymph to wipe his sweaty brow,

Mind you, we’ll both be out actually riding our bikes at the weekend soiree in Swindon .....and too busy to care !

I shall mostly be wearing tile grout all weekend :(

So, Mrs Peachy says I should ignore Spud-u-like and History-is-Bunk and carry on amusing myself…. :D
So, for this evening, I thought I would start with the BB, I knew I had a descent proper old school Campag axle and cups somewhere, just needed to dig them out.
Ah, but…Italian threads!!! :facepalm:

Never mind, this is an Anglo-Italian build, so Mr Bayliss Wiley came to the rescue.

Then I hooked up the crank set. When I bought them, I knew they weren’t Elucid, but I’m still not sure what they are, perhaps Victory from the end of the 80’s? Tidy though…

Then on with the original Lotus combined rear brake hanger and seat post clamp, the larger red frame doesn’t have this as the there is enough space on the rear stays to support a hanger but this little one doesn’t.
Next a lovely 31.6mm Icarus seat post, and what to put on top? :?

A black cloth covered SanMarco Rolls…. I think it matches well with carbon bars. ;)

Now what tyres to put on a retro green & yellow bike? Panaracer DusterVF & VR 1:95 of course! :D

And this is how she looks so far…. :cool:

Attachments

• ItalianThreads.jpeg
    ItalianThreads.jpeg
    154.1 KB · Views: 271
  • Bayliss Wiley.jpeg
    Bayliss Wiley.jpeg
    118.7 KB · Views: 269
  • VictoryMaybe.jpeg
    VictoryMaybe.jpeg
    223.1 KB · Views: 269
  • IcarusSeatPost.jpeg